ICM

Stands for idiots counting money. Actually ran good in tonight's GPP and didn't even take the add-on. Late registered at the last second so started with 1500. Thought I would be whamboozled early after I shoved on top of a limper from the button with 55 and got 2 calls. Both geniuses got it in on a T9x flop (BB had QJo, CO who open limped had JT). Turn was a blank and I spiked a miracle 5 on the river to stay in the tournament and triple up.

From there I mostly stole blinds and antes and that got me to the final 2 tables. Had two times my all-in shoves were called, AQ UTG vs MP AQo and the same player calling me with A9o when I also shoved with A9o. Chopped both times. Still was able to take the escalating blinds and antes enough where I was 7th in chips with 16 left.

However with blinds rapidly going up starting finding myself somewhat card dead and not able to steal anymore with people shoving in front of me. Got down to 13 left with 10 paying and a few stacks really short. Then we were down to 12, then 11. My stack was down to only a couple of big blinds but 1 player was down to a few hundred and would be all-in on his ante in a few hands. Before that the SB and BB got in a shoving war with the SB having A4 vs BB A6. SB was all-in with the worse hand and catches his wheel to stay alive. BB had him well covered. Then see the SB go all-in for his ante and double up twice. Meanwhile I'm basically being blinded out trying to cash in this tournament.

Had just 390 when it was my BB with blinds 1k/2k and a 250 ante. Get J3o and fortunately I am only heads up against 1 limper. But he has A9o and spikes an ace on the flop. I catch a J on the turn and 3 on the river to stay alive. LOL. But I'm SB next hand and after posting the blind and ante I'm left with 410 behind. Folded to me and I have Q6o. I think I'm forced to call here with the pot odds. If I fold I have 2 hands left until I'm all-in again for my ante. The short stack at the other table had a few more hands before his blind came around again and had the advantage of playing at the 6 handed table while my table was 5 handed. Plus my cards figure to be live most of the time.

So I put it in, I'm in good shape against his T8 but he spikes a T on a T77 flop. A turn, river another T. No regrets about my decision on that hand but maybe should have been a little more aggressive in spots before that. Had a few decent enough hands with about 4 or 5 BBs left that I could have shoved and tried to collect the blinds and antes, but I was paying too close attention to the other stack sizes and the other table that I lost sight of just trying to make the best decision. But instead I was an idiot counting on getting $1.37.

Ah well, on to the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods