First Royal


I've been playing poker since 2005 and I've never had one. A few straight flushes but never a royal. Of course it had to happen in a freeroll but I'll still take it. I had been playing tight and it served this punk right for reraising me with pocket 4s. I was all-in here for my tournament life but had a ton of outs where I was actually 50% equity on the turn. 

Unfortunately still busted 10 out of the money. Had a few more all-ins, A♣7 vs K♠2♠ and ended up flopping trip aces to survive, then K♠Q♠ vs A♠3♠ where I spiked a Q to win that one, but with blinds 500/1000 and ~10k left I jammed A3 from early position and ran into A♠Q, and ran out of suckout equity. Actually ended up being my 3rd straight top 100 finish. The first one was mainly surviving on mostly short chips without winning many pots, but got a good run of cards in the 2nd but went card dead for awhile and then lost about 1/2 my chips with AK on a K77x board vs 97. I bet the flop, villain called and heads up with about 3k in the pot and opponent having 3k behind. So I put him all-in on turn and got the bad news. Then blinds got to the point where I was in push/fold mode and shoved in the SB with K7 and ran into BB's AJ and got no help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods