Close but no cigar

Late registered for the $50 GPP and took the add-on but did not really get many good hands tonight. Had A4 in late position shortly after the rebuy ended and raised with it only to get reraised by the player to my left and had to toss it. Then had QT♣ in one of the blinds and got a look at the flop in an unraised pot. Called a small bet on a board of AQ2r with 1 . Turn 3♣ and it goes check by me, player to my left minbets 200, and the other guy shoves. The other guy called with Ace whatever but I had the discipline to lay it down and of course the guy who shoved had a set of deuces, and of course the 4♣ comes on the river.

Looking like I'm going to be getting blinded out of the tourney with ~30 left as I am getting absolute shit for cards. Nothing I can even shove with and facing at least a limper in front of me most of the time. Finally have about 4bb left and get Q7o in MP with a couple of folds in front of me. I have to go with it and fortunately I'm able to take down the blinds. 2 hands later I'm UTG with 88 and shove again. This time get called by the CO who has KJ♠ but my 8s manage to hold up.

Didn't get shit after that but manage to get a free play in the BB with one limper, flop bottom pair, and he allows me to check it down and I collect a very important round of blinds and antes. We get down to 18 left though and they're actually paying 15 tonight ($1 for 15th-11th which isn't bad for a $.10 investment). But I am basically the shortest stack at that point and blinds have escalated to 500/1k. Finding myself with ~4BBs again I shove with K8 4th to act I believe (had to take advantage of first in vig from that spot) and LP player shoves on top. All else fold and he has................ KK. FML. 

No help from the board and I am gone in 18th. 88 was the best hand I looked at the whole tournament so I thought I did a good job as usual of hanging in there and protecting my stack when I did not have the best of it. May or may not play again tomorrow, my focus will be on the 7th game of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods