Another ticket

Won another $6+.61 step 2 ticket on ACR. Another fun grind where I actually ran really good early on. Doubled up almost immediately. Had AA in the HJ, 2 limpers (15/30 blinds), I make it 180, both limpers call. Flop Q93. I bet 439, 1 call. Turn 4 and this punk shoves into me, I call. He has KT and the river is the harmless 9.

A little bit later with blinds at 20/40 I get 8
8 and UTG+2 raises, next player flats, and I flat on the button to try and go mining for a set. BB calls as well. 4 to a flop of K84. There it is. BB checks, pf raiser checks, but the next player bets 190 into 380. I can't slowplay this and I raise it all the way up to 950. The next 2 player pass and it's back to villain and he puts in the call. Turn 7. He checks, I check back. River Q. Now he pots it into me for 2280. Blech. I go into the tank and activate my time bank. I do think he could have KQ here but why bet that much expecting me to call with worse? It's a donkament though and a free one at that so I can't give them that much credit and I do make the call. He indeed had KQ. Collected a 6840 pot and I see my name on the leaderboard at this point in the top 10 in chips. 
 
Had a hand a bit later with K
Kin the BB. 1 limper (with blinds now 50/100-10) and I make it 500. He calls, flop comes AJ5. Ace magnets strike again! I check, opponent checks behind. Turn 6. Seems like I can bet now and I fire 700. He calls. River 2 and I think it's possible he could have an ace with a shit kicker here. I put out a blocking bet of 700 and he folds! Alright, we'll take it.

Had a hand a bit later with K
K in the BB. 1 limper (with blinds now 50/100-10) and I make it 500. He calls, flop comes AJ5. Ace magnets strike again! I check, opponent checks behind. Turn 6. Seems like I can bet now and I fire 700. He calls. River 2 and I think it's possible he could have an ace with a shit kicker here. I put out a blocking bet of 700 and he folds! Alright, we'll take it.

From there went on a little bit of a bad run. Had a heads up blind vs blind where I decided to bluff flop and turn 9692 board w/ no flushes possible with air and got called by A-high (we checked river). Then had a hand with A
T that I decided to limp behind with after I knew the guy who open limped wasn't going to fold and I wanted to play a small pot. Flop comes out with a paired board, 3 way action, BB checks, villain bets 1/2 pot, I call, BB folds. We check turn and river. He had AJo. So I made the correct read but didn't have enough of a hand. Then I had a hand with JJ, raised, BB called. Heads up to flop of AKQr. Check-check. Turn 9, checked through again. River 2. BB makes a small 1/3 pot stab. I call. He has 92. Come on.

One other hand I was involved in I had K
J and I defend the BB to a minraise. Flop AQ9. Check-check. Turn 8 and I bet 600 into 795. Get called. River whiffed with the 7 and it checks through. He had TT.

So I'm down to a little over 6k at the 100/200-20 level and I pick up A
5 in the CO. I make it 600, button flats, blinds fold. Flop T97. I elect to check to him, he bets 830, I raise to 4150, he puts me all-in for my last 1300 (thought my raise would look stronger if I raised a little less than all-in). He had KJ and decided to contend with me. My ace high is in the lead and I'm a 2:1 favorite. Turn and river come 7 and 7 and I collect a big ass pot that puts me in a great position. Villain barely had me covered so he had 6 chips left and went out the next hand, lol.

Go card dead for awhile after that but still have ~9700 left as we get down to the final 100. Can't sit on my stack and I pick up A
Q OTB and have 2 limpers in front of me. 1 has me covered, the other one I cover. I raise to 1500 and only the limper who has me covered calls. Flop AT7 and he donks into me for 300. Pot is 4290 at this point and I just stick the rest of my stack in. Over 8k but want to end the hand right now; don't want a flush draw sticking around. To my surprise, he calls! He has A5 but after a run out of T3 my hand holds up and I collect a 20k pot. I guess he put me on a flush draw. Not getting much credit here, but that's ok.

From there we get down to about 60 left with 40 getting the ticket and it's just a bunch of boring folds for me mostly. Once again had the big stacks on my left so stealing was going to be tough, but I did get 3 walks in a row from the shorter stacks on my right. Eventually the player on my left wised up and started raising UTG when he realized the whole table was pretty much folding every hand. Got down to ~8 BBs at one point and shoved A7o, and fortunately did not get called. Then had AQ and shoved that in LP, everyone folded and I showed the hand. We had a new player transferred to the table on my left who only had 3k left, he shoved from the button, and I re-shoved with 99 from the SB, and the BB folded. Got a clean run out against his KJ and from there we were at about 46 left and I was ~20th in chips. Folded every hand from there on out and got my 2nd ticket. The goal is to keep accumulating as many as I can so I can have multiple shots at step 2 and hopefully a couple in step 3 and have 1 bullet at the highest step (which is actually an MTT with a $5M prize pool and $1M guaranteed first prize).

Last couple of tourneys on Dragonroom were early exits. Was getitng kinda impatient in the freeroll with how slowly people were busting and had A
Q in the SB in a pot with 3 limpers. Made a shove for 2645 with only 75/150 blinds. Maybe an overshove, but either way the first limper reshoved and the other 2 came along for the ride. Forget what the other two limpers dogshit hands were but the UTG guy had AK and we both ended up spiking top pair with our side cards. Went out in 160th.

Then played the GPP and late reg'd again, didn't take the add-on, had 66 in a blind and shoved on top of limpers. Got only 1 call this time but the limper had 77 and he got a clean runout. 58th in that one. Blah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods