A fun limit hand

So I joined PokerSavvy Plus to watch some videos because of the free 7 day trial and also because of Matusow. Some good stuff on there, haven't got to all of it but Matusow had some good videos on there. A lot of it is HORSE and limit 08, but he has a few NL videos on there. Anyway I was watching a series he was doing entited "HORSEing around" where he does a video for each of the 5 horse games. The first one I watched on limit hold'em he was playing 15/30 and cleaning up. Seemed like fun, so I gave it a try.

Here's one hand.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 53564
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with QQ of diamonds AA of spades
UTG calls, 7 folds, Hero raises, UTG calls

Villain was a donk, previously limped in and it got raised and 3-bet from two late position players. Villain hung around on an A high board and rivered an 8 to make a set and win a huge pot.

Flop: (4.5 SB) QQ of clubs 99 of clubs QQ of hearts (2 players)
Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls

No respect for this guy. None. I wondered though if I should have just called the raise and checkraised the turn.

Turn: (5.25 BB) KK of hearts (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps!, UTG requests TIME, UTG calls

Screw it, I'm checkraising the turn anyway. It gets capped. Admittedly I was a bit worried about TJ and if I was still going to bet & raise the river, but once he called time on his hand I still knew I was ahead.

River: (13.25 BB) 88 of spades (2 players)
Hero bets, UTG folds

LOL. 

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Hero wins 12.75 BB
(Rake: $0.50)

Over the long run though I wonder how profitable this game still is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods