58th

8 off the money in the Sunday Freeroll. Actually got off to a good start, got QQ first hand 1 caller and got 2 streets of value out of him, then hit some other hands and got my 2k starting stack up to 3500 but never could get above that.

People were dropping like crazy and we had 100 people eliminated at the 1hr break (259 started). I was below average stack at that time but still had enough chips left. Ended up only winning 1 more pot though (KQ utg raise which took the blinds + antes) and escalating blinds/antes kept eating at my stack. Down to 2200 I had 98and went with it. Got instacalled by the guy on my left and it was for 1/3 of his chips. Don't even put any thought into it buddy. The BB also called. Board runs out 654r with 1 and an offsuit 3 on the turn when my buddy on the left blew the BB out of a dry side pot. Of course he had the goods with A7and I don't get my miracle on the river.



Trying not to be results oriented from these last 2 tourneys but I think I really need to have a better plan late when these blinds/antes are going up. I think I need to make my move with 7 or 8 BBs left instead of getting chopped down to 3 or 4. The hand I went in the blinds just went up as well and with this turbo format it's killing any fold/steal equity I would have.

While I was playing this was also watching Mike Matusow's live stream. He was playing a $600 knockout on WSOP.com and was playing pretty well but ended up getting knocked out about 70 places out of the money. Been following his WSOP blog as well as Negreanu's and they are both in the hole for the entire World Series (Negreanu losses are in the six figures). Imagine being an up and coming professional (or an aspiring one) that's trying to make a living doing this. Yeah yeah yeah, bankroll management and all that but maybe the skill level discrepancy isn't what it used to be and there's not much of an edge anymore.

So in all of that context I'm happy to just be playing and not losing money. Maybe at some point I will take a shot in a real money game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods