Bubble Streak Over

I was sick most of the week so didn't play much. But I did manage to end the bubble streak. It was in a silly ACR freeroll though but I'll take it. They actually changed up how they do the freerolls which makes them a little more enticing to play. They cap the fields at 400 and award step 2 tickets to the top 40. Not a bad ratio. Played in one late the other night and it took about 3 hours to finish. Not too bad of a time investment. Had to win two flips and then with about 48 left I had KK on the button and was a bit short; didn't think I could fold my way into the money at that point (was around 38th in chips). BB had a huge stack and I knew he was going to call no matter what, and the SB had a pretty big stack too so I could have easily gotten 3 way action. Thankfully SB folded but the BB called with 93♠. He flopped a pair of 3s, turned a flush draw, so had to fade it on the river but it came a blank and that put me at ~20k. 

From there played weak-tight as shit, folding AKo, and A♣Q♣ in the SB with no raise. Not to mention folding by BB as well, either to a raise or having the big stack limp in UTG and check/folding to him on flop. Fortunately there was 1 pot where he did not limp in and I got a walk from the players on my right who were shorter than me. That was a key pot for me as the short stacks kept doubling up and we were a few away from the money.

Finally got down to 41 and I knew I was good. So I was folding every hand at that point and the player on my right had 8 chips left after he posted his ante and folded his hand and was going to be all-in the next hand. But as that was happening another player busted at one of the other tables and the tourney was over.

So I collected a step 2 ticket for my efforts which I haven't used yet. My plan was to play as many of these as possible and try to bank multiple step 2 tickets so I could earn a few step 3 tickets and have more than 1 bullet at the higher steps. But with the 400 max cap these tourneys are tough to get into and you have to register right away at quarter of (they run every 2 hours). I did get an email from ACR as well that they deposited two step 1 $.23+.02 tickets in my account. I played it and it was winner take call for the step 2 ticket. Ended up late registering, getting 88, getting called by KQ and losing when a Q spiked on the flop. Re-entered with my other ticket and low and behold getting 88 and going broke with it again. I think I was down to 6 or 7 BBs and my all-in raise from 4th to act was met with no respect; got 3 calls behind me. Ace flopped and I knew I was dead. Even with not really winning pots I managed to "finish" 11th and it was still in the late-reg period when I busted so I could have re-entered if I had money. So could have bought my way to the final table but shitty structure either way.

Haven't had the chance to play tourneys GrandPoker but did jump into a $.02/$.04 PLO game last night. Had 6 players and I played tight. Seated left of the big stack and played tight. Every single hand I played was from one of the blinds, lol. But I hit something here:

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players: 6
Seat 1: seat1 ( $ 1.19 USD )
Seat 2: seat2 ( $ 0.72 USD )
Seat 5: seat5 ( $ 6.80 USD )
Seat 6: hero ( $ 3.88 USD )
Seat 8: seat8 ( $ 4.74 USD )
Seat 9: seat9 ( $ 2.82 USD )
seat5: posts small blind [$ 0.02 USD]
hero: posts big blind [$ 0.04 USD]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ T
, 6, J, A ]
seat8 folds
seat9 folds
seat1 calls [$ 0.04 USD]
seat5 calls [$ 0.02 USD]
hero checks 

3 card hand so we're not going to do anything but hit the check button with it
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8
, Q, 9 ]
seat5: bets [$ 0.09 USD]
hero calls [$ 0.09 USD]
seat1 folds

We flop the nuts but have no redraws. Seat5 could have a set here, or two pair, maybe the same hand. I'm going to wait for a good turn card to put in a raise. If seat1 raised behind us then we'll have to probably go with it but he folds and we're heads up on the turn.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4 ]
seat5: bets [$ 0.22 USD]
hero raises [$ 0.96 USD]
seat5 folds
hero does not show cards
hero wins $ 0.71 USD from main pot 

I think his fold  is indicative of two pair rather than a set. Or maybe he had Q7Tx or Q67x. Or maybe he's good enough to give me credit for the straight there but I doubt it. He did take a little time before mucking his hand though.

Shortly after the table went from 6 handed to 3 pretty quickly and I left with a mere $.14 profit. Unfortunate that these games break up so quickly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods