More ACR Fun

Played 5 freerolls on ACR today, all had 600+ participants. Here's how I fared:

97th,104th,17th,72nd,88th

Made runs in all of them. Play is so bad that so many people bust out and in a lot of cases I well below 1/2 the average stack yet I still had over 10 big blinds. So hung in there, got my money in good in most cases and stole blinds where I could.

The 17th place finish stings. I was short stacked most of the way, ended up getting it in with AQo against 77 and spiked an A on the river to stay alive. Had like 21k at the 400/800-100 level and got QQ in MP, player to my right minraised to open and I jammed. Player to my left jams on top of me (has me covered) and the BB was all-in. Ended up holding up against this guy's brilliant shove of A♠ 5♠. The all-in player had J7o and I beat that as well.

Won a few more pots and got up to 60k at one point but went card dead after that and was down to ~35k. Blinds were 1k/2k-200 and we were down to the final 2 tables with 10 getting the money. UTG+2 limped and I elected to just jam with 66. Overbet I think but I didn't like limping there and I didn't like making it 10k and then having to commit on some potentially bad flops. Folds back to the limper and I figure I'm ahead if he calls, but nope. He has 99. Clean runout for him and that's it.

Then the two I played tonight got early double ups with some big pocket pairs but really just coasted into the final 100 not playing many hands (and stealing a few blinds where I could). But I was way below average stack and needed to stay active. Jammed with K♠T♠ in late position and got flatted by the SB who had A7o. It held up.

Then the last tournament of the night was actually a Venom step 1 (guess they're doing that again). 50 getting step 2 tickets but no cap on entries. Actually late regged and half the field was gone of the 963 that entered. Got an early double up when I open shoved AA and got called by AT and my aces held up. Won some small pots but then found myself way below average stack and was happy to pick up TT in the BB but had an EP raise and ended up getting it all-in and running into his aces. I hit a set but so did he. So that's how my night ended.

Feel good about my chances of binking one of these eventually and if I'm going to be sitting at the computer anyway it's something to do to pass the time. Also considered just depositing $10 on the site so I could play some cash games but I'd have to go thru bitcoin to do that, not worth it. I will continue to pursue the challenge of running it up from $0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods