Level 2

Didn't get a chance to play the GPP tonight and missed out on registering for the Level 1 so decided to burn one of my level 2 tickets on ACR and late-reg for a level 3 satellite. There were 31 left when I got in with 19 getting the ticket and 20th getting $4.36. Got the tightest table I think I've ever played at. Raised a bunch of hands 3x and collected some blinds and antes. Had decent hands, wasn't raising with total junk but doubled my starting stack of 2500 to 5000 without showing down a single hand. The player on my right was giving me walks in the BB as well. One hand he decided to minraise me and I defended with 62o cause I figured I could take the pot after the flop a lot of times.. Flop came down A97r and he checked, I bet 750 into 1150 and he mucked.

So was up as high as ~5200 and changed gears at that point. 26 left I thought I could fold my way into the money and now the short stacks were getting more active anyway. So I started folding some marginal "stealing hands" and then had a spot where I had 65o in the BB. Folded to the SB who raises all-in for 1289 at the 150/300-30 level. Getting about 2:1 on a call and figuring I have 2 live cards most of the time I stick it in. He has JTo and gets a J on the flop and another J on the turn. So that took a bite out of my stack.

Another tough decision I had was a few hands later when I was 4th to act with AKo. Folded to me in the HJ, I make it 900, button shoves all-in and has me covered. Folded back to me and I begrudgingly let it go. He had been playing tight and shoved pretty quickly, I think he is strong there and I just don't feel I can gamble in this spot even if he might be overplaying an AQ or KQ type of hand some of the time. So that puts me down just about back to my 2500 starting stack, but 23 left at this point and the next hand someone goes out at our table to make it 22 left. I was 20th in chips at this point so still vulnerable.

Fortunately the next round of blinds I get a much needed walk which was a huge gift as button had a lot of chips and definitely should have taken a shot there. But go an orbit without getting involved in a pot and I have to fold my next BB with blinds now up to 200/400-50. Next hand in the SB I get ATo and it's folded to me. BB has me covered (and is actually the villain from the AK hand with the player in between us being the one getting sent to the rail and now playing a 7 handed table). He has me covered but thankfully folds pretty quickly and I take a much needed pot.

Shortly after that there's a bust at another table and we're down to 21 and hand for hand. Watching the other table and actually sitting 18th in chips now with 2 players at the other table having the fewest chips.I think I can fold my way into the money now and I am correct as the short stack goes busto. Pretty badly played hand by the guy who busted him though. He was a big stack and the short stack was actually all in for his ante. There were a few limps and this guy shoves for 13k instead of calling and inducing multi-way action. He had a legit hand A♣K♣ but the all-in player had 2 live cards. Fortunately the AK held up.

After that hand we got down to the final 20 and my goal was to just get the money. They have plenty of active tables on there and could play $.01/$.02. So my goal was to shove any two cards. Next hand I have 65o and it's folded to me on the button. I shove, but the blinds fold. BB was taking a little bit before folding and I wanted to type in the chat "Call, I have shit!" but ultimately I refrain from doing so.. Very next hand A♣7♣ and open-shove again. This time I get two callers and one of them draws out on me (he had JT and spiked a J, forget what the other guy had but I do remember having the best hand going into the flop remarkably. ACR always fails to save the very last hand to the hand history). I seem to have accomplished my goal when the tournament abruptly ends and I am given a level 3 ticket. Someone at another table busted and they must have started the hand with less than me. I guess we'll have to see what we can do with the level 3 ticket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods