Another attempt

Took a shot at the GPP tonight. Tried to see if I could go back-to-back final tables with only the initial 1500 at the end of late registration. I think there were ~45 left out of 60 this time. I was down to 1405 and I pick up J♠J in the Big Blind at the 75/150-20 level. Get a raise to 705 and a call in front of me (and there’s a player who is all-in for his 20 ante as well) and I of course have to put in my final 1235 behind. Original raiser then shoves for 5027 total and the caller gets the hell out of there. I’m up against his monster hand: A♣8♣.

A brilliant hand to put all of that money in I must say. The guy all-in for 20 has 62o but we get a clean runout and take it down. I'm up to 3700 and liking my chances now of making a run.

Unfortunately we run card dead for a bit after this one, then I get into a hand with K♣J♣ and raise it up, BB calls. Flop comes 753r, he checks, I elect to check back. 6arrives on the turn putting to hearts out there. Check-check again. River offsuit 3 and we check it down. Board is too coordinated for me to put a bet out there and that type of board hits his range more than mine because he’s more likely to have middle cards. Figure I’m not getting a better hand to fold on the turn or river and we show it down. I lose to his A9. So that sucked but didn’t want to be in a spot where I c-bet myself out of the tournament.

So I’m down to 2270 and I’m in the HJ with A♣4♠. Figure I’m going to go with it and hoping to have some first in vigorish. But that does not happen as two people limp in front of me. But as the adage goes, “You pick the hand or it picks you”. So I shove hoping to not get any trouble from the players behind me, have 1 limper fold, and be ahead of the other one. That's exactly what happens. I'm heads up with the 2nd limper who has T♣7♣. He started the hand with 15k so I knew I wasn't getting him out. But I'm ahead and that's what I wanted. Unfortunately we do not get a good runout as he spikes a T on the flop and the turn and river come up empty for us. That would have put us at or maybe slightly above average stack I believe had we won that one but instead out in 35th. Ah well.

In other news ACR somehow managed to get even worse. They don't cap the entries on the freeroll step 1s anymore, so now you gotta battle with around 1100 people for 40 tickets. That sucks. Did end up playing one the other night before I knew about this change). About 20 minutes in the tournament pauses and I'm just sitting there waiting for the next hand to be dealt like everyone else. Can't type anything in the chat either. Everything's just basically frozen. Find out on ACR's twitter that the site was down and they ended up cancelling all of the tournaments and refunding the non-freeroll ones.

Also it looks like they changed how the step tournaments work beyond level 1. Now they wait until 90 people register to run the step 2s. They had a few step 2 to step 4s running with fewer players and late reg allowed but the one right now that's going has 26 out of 36 left and only 4 make the money (top 3 get step 4 tickets and 4th getting $). Not a good ratio. But I may be forced to fire my two bullets in one of these. For now I'm going to hold on to my tickets. The actual Venom tournament takes place this Sunday but my tickets have an expiration date of June 2020 so I'm guessing/hoping that there's some future Venom or something else that will allow me to use them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods