Snowaments

Got stuck inside today on my friggin day off due to this garbage snowstorm so actually ended up playing two tourneys. I logged on a little before noon and saw that the site offers a $10 daily freeroll. I joined, there were 66 players overall but the kicker was that only two places got paid: $5 for first, $5 for second, and that was it. Played very tight and then ended up reraising an aggro all-in preflop and with 3 players in the hand they ended up checking it down and I won with AQ unimproved against whatever garbage they were playing.

Very next hand I get KK and get it all-in again against a donk that limped from upfront and thought it was wise to reraise me with 99 when I hadn't played a single hand before the prior one. My kings held up and I was in a very good chip position, but as usual I would go pretty card dead and 1 player ran over the entire fucking table and started winning with all sorts of garbage. We got down to 2 tables left (I had stayed at the same table the whole time with this other player as our table never broke).


Anyway, got KQin the SB, this player raised to 600 with 75/150 blinds. I had like 4500 left at this point or something like that. Flop K high pretty coordinated and I check-call. Heads up to the turn, some blank and I check-raise all-in. He had bet 600 and I had 1200 left at this point. Probably should have raised the flop but anyway he had T7 and he rivered a straight on me to knock me out in 16th. So much for that.

Nothing much going on in the afternoon, so I jumped into the LOLMAHA at 10:29 and change, just late enough to get in there for the end of the re-buy/add-on period. 11 runners tonight and there were 6 left when I joined, so we started out 7 handed. Folded every hand the first couple of orbits as I got dealt absolute dogshit. Table was playing pretty loose as usual, combination of passive and aggressive. 

Was down to 1125 when I had Q885 OTB and raised to 450 (75/150 level) and was able to pick up the blinds. A few hands later a player got eliminated and we were down to 5-handed with 3 getting paid. I had AK♣T♣9 an orbit later OTB and after two limpers (including the big stack on my direct right) I shoved. Needed to gamble here as it was the best hand I looked at so far. I knew the big stack was at least going to call, and he did (the other player folded). He had some random garbage, don't remember exactly what and only have access to the .txt hand history right now which doesn't show me. But I was a 55-45 favorite and I made a club flush on the river to get a key double up.

That kept my head above water and a little bit later with blinds now at 100/200 I picked up JJ♠T♠5♣ in the BB. Two limpers plus the big stack SB completing so I get a free flop. Comes KQ♠8. Straight draw and it gets checked around so I get a free card which is a great one for me, 9. I decide to check it with no flush draw possible and the button bets 800, with the SB flatting. I shove for my final 2425. Button tanks then folds, followed by the SB folding. I'm fine with that result as it now put me 2nd in chips.

Getting close to the break with still 5 people left, finally a player shoves for his last 3600, big stack calls and it ends up being a flop that gives the all-in player a flush and the big stack a set of 6s. Case 6 on the river sends the all-in player out in 5th. The 5 minute break arrived right after that hand and we were on the bubble.

With 4 players left, the big stack had a huge lead with 22368, I had 4425, the other two had 3215 and 1992 respectively. The big stack with a huge lead just started open-shoving every hand. One hand he shoved after two limpers, I'm sitting in the BB with QQ5♠3 and fold. The short stack calls the all-in with QQxx and I figure his chances are slim now with me having folded the other two Qs. But a T high board and no improvement from the big stack's hand gave him a key double up.

Very next hand I had KKJ4 and the all-in player from the previous hand open-limped, and the big stack shoved again. I folded (no need to get involved here from an equity standpoint even though I'm likely to be ahead of the big stack's shoving range). Folded back to the guy who limped and he called. He actually had a decent hand this time (forget exactly what it was but it was 4 broadway cards) but unfortunately for him a 357xx board was good enough to connect with the big stack's 64xx to give him a straight. With that I was in the money and guaranteed $2.

The next two hands involved the other two players getting it all-in, with the short stack winning the first time, but losing the 2nd. Don't blame him for taking a shot there; had he won that 2nd hand he'd have closed the gap to less than 2:1. As it stood I entered heads up with a very significant chip deficit (28k to 4k) so just open shoved the first hand (he folded) and then called his shove the next hand with T976figuring I would only be a slight dog. He had 4 big cards though and I lost to his K high straight. So got $3 for 2nd, $2.45 profit after being down a buy-in in the last three tries (2 non-cashes and 3rd for $1).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods