Lastminuteament

Here we go again, another last second registration in the $.50+$.05 LOLMAHA. 9 players entered and there were 6 left when I joined at the end of the rebuy/add-on period. I declined to take the add-on and started to second guess myself a bit when all but one player had me covered.

Played squeaky tight but then got K587♠ in the SB and completed after everyone except the button came in for the 100 BB. Flop J42, awesome sauce. 2nd nuts here is fine by me with only 1300 left. I do elect to check being first to act and it checks around. Turn Tand I bet 300 into 600. I don't think anyone has much so looking to induce some calls and then stick the rest of it in on the river and hope people feel committed enough to call. I get two calls.

River 9 and I do stick in my last 1k, and get 1 call. My opponent mucked JT53 and just like that I have 3500. Continue to play tight until the UTG hand the next orbit where I pick up 9876. I don't like my position but I do like my rundown so I make a pot sweetener raise to 250 with blinds still at 50/100 and get three callers. Flop comes 972 and the BB first to act checks to me. I bet 800 into 1050 with my top two and OESD. Turn K and with 2450 left I stick it in. River K♣ and I should be counterfeited and out of the tournament, right? Wrong, he mucked QJT7. Just like that I'm up to 7500 and 2nd in chips.

Fold for the next orbit continuing my tight strategy while one player gets knocked out and we're down to 6. A hand later, there's a three-way all-in that knocks out two more players! Just like that we're on the bubble. Not only that but there's a short stack with only 325 left so my chances of cashing now are very very good. 

Basically waited the short stack out at that point. He would double up a few times but eventually be eliminated by the big stack at the table. So I do manage to cash, but have my sights set on winning the tournament. With 3 left, I was the short stack at 7150, and the players to my left and right had 7490 and 14135 respectively. Just three hands into 3-handed play the two other players collide with the big stack winning, so I'm now heads up, but at a 22k to 7k chip deficit. I felt pretty good though as it was a much smaller deficit than some of my other heads up battles and the blinds were still low enough (75/150 at this point) where I could mount a comeback.

With K752 I decided to limp from the button and hope to use my positional advantage to outplay him after the flop. He checks and the flop comes TT8. He bets 450 and I float. Turn J♣ and he makes a weak-ass stab of 150 this time. I raise to 800. He folds. Wanted to show it but thought better of it. 

Couple of hands later OTB again had KQ63and limped again, with blinds having gone up to 100/200. He made it 600 and I called, not going anywhere. Flop QJ6to give me top and bottom. Certainly a good hand heads up in this game. He comes out firing full pot this time, 1200. I make it 4800, pretty confident that I have the best hand despite his strong bet. He puts me all-in and with only 2200 behind, I call. He had AQ95 and a blank turn followed by another 6 on the river gave me the chip lead.

Won a small pot the hand after then had K♠T9♠8. I complete, he checks. Flop A♣T♠6♠. He checks and I bet 300. He calls. Turn 8♠ and he checks again. I bet 750. He calls. River K and he leads into me for 1250 into 2500. I think he has a hand so I actually tank and contemplate shoving. He had 10k left at that point. I figure he has enough to get away from a 2 pair type of hand if I shove, but might call a smaller raise, so I make it 4800. He calls and mucks 7732 and I wonder what might have been if I just had the courage to stick it all-in.

But regardless, I had him on the ropes. I had totally reversed the position I was in when we started and had the over 3:1 chip advantage. After folding the next two hands preflop, he raised to 600 and I defended with AJ72. Flop KQ9. LOL ginaments! I checked to him, he potted it, and I just called. Turn Aand he stuck in his remaining 5400 after I checked. I called of course and then saw that he did have outs with AK98♠. River came 7and that would do it. Put it in the win column for me. 

Collected $4.50 for my efforts and reached another milestone: over $50 on the site. I had my doubts about whether I could late-register for this, not add-on, and win the tournament. I figured it was a good chance at cashing the best I could seem to do would be 2nd. The same scenario would keep repeating where 1 player would accumulate a massive amount of chips and knock out most or all of the remaining players making it almost impossible for me to mount a comeback. But caught some good cards tonight and thought I played pretty well for me the most part and was able to come away with all of the chips at the end. I'll definitely continue with this strategy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods