Another Snowament

Being in lovely New England we have our 2nd snowstorm tonight in 4 days and I'm stuck inside again. So played the Sunday freeament and here are the highlights:

Card dead early on, had ~1700 left and finally picked up a hand: JJ in the BB. With two limpers the SB decided to just open shove for his last 1590 and I of course called with my fish hooks. It held up against his AQ and I got a key double up.

A few orbits later I'm down to 2700 and pick up TT in the BB. Blinds 100/200-25 now. A player 3 off the button opens for 400 and it gets called in two places. I elect to just smooth call. Questionable move perhaps, could have just shoved there but it worked out with an AT4r flop. SB bets 900 and I just shove for my last 2590 knowing he'll call with an ace. Everyone else folds and my hand holds up against his AK. Just like that I have ~7k in chips and I'm over average stack for the first time since we started.

Less than an orbit later I get KQo in the cutoff. I limp behind a limper and button and SB folded. BB decides to make it 800, we both call. It ends up getting checked down on a 3♠  board and I back into top pair on the river to take another pot. After that got fish hooks again UTG with blinds 125/250-30 at this point, get one caller and we end up checking down a K high pretty connected board (with a flush and straight possibilities). In the LOLMAHA I'd definitely get blown off the hand if I raised PF and didn't continue on the flop, but not here. My opponent mucked QJ. Up to over 9k at this point.

From there pretty card dead again and the blinds would take my stack down to 6800 before the table broke. Got to the break with ~100 left and 70 paying. Managed to win a pot when we got close to the money by calling a minraise with 87o from a big stack, and then having a J96r flop, a 6♦  turn (putting a possible flush draw out) and an offsuit 8 river to back into a pair which was good enough to beat his AK.

Managed to make the money but my stack would continue to dwindle. Had 5340 left at the 500/1000-125 level and looked at A7o OTB with the BB already all-in for only 452. Managed to lose to his T7o when a T flopped. Three hands later I had A4o and shoved 3rd to act, but the player two seats to my left over-shoved for 12 and I knew I was dead in the water. He ended up having TT and the 876 flop gave me a straight draw, but no help on the turn and river and I was out in 62nd place. 

Collected $1.35 and my impeccable high percentage of cashing in what should be a high variance tournament continues. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods