Coming in for a quickie

Welp, I've been running pretty bad lately. Two finishes this week out of the money in LOLMAHA (including the one I discussed in the previous post) and then today decided to register for a $.10+$.01 unlimited rebuy NLHE. Ran absolutely fucking card dead. I was folding so many hands that I figured I could get away with bringing it in with 6♠5♠ in the CO but the button decides to just shove on top of me. I was getting ~2:1 on a call and since it was still the rebuy I figured I should gamble here so I did and his 88 held up. Reraised me with eight fucking eight. 

So I rebuy and then add-on a bit later and ran like shit after too. Still playing pretty tight but blinds go up every 5 minutes in this so brought it in with A4 and the button just flats me and we go heads up to a flop of 655. I just shove at that point having only about a pot sized bet left, and of course I get called and he has A9which ends up getting there on the river for a flush just for good measure. So I go out.

Tonight I decided to take a different approach to the LOLMAHA. Instead of buying in at the beginning I waited a half-hour until the end of the rebuy/add-on period and bought in then. 6 players started with a couple of rebuys, 4 were left. With me in there that made 5 and even though I didn't take the add-on I was close to two of the other players in chips. 

Can't retrieve the hand history because it's not up on the site or in my hand history folder for some reason but I'll give a quick recap without going into specific cards (expect where I remember them). Lost a few hundred early on after I tried to bluff a 3 board on the turn heads-up and I got raised and had to dump it. Got a free play in the big blind with a crappy hand and tried to make a play after it went check-check on the flop.

Soon after the player I lost to busted against another player (I forget the hand but I think it was big draw against a set or something like that all-in on the flop). So we're on the bubble. I had a player to my right that had a few hundred less than me and I was first to act a few hands later. Brought it in with AJT3♠. The BB who had me covered, called. Flop came down J43and so I shoved with my top & bottom and got a fold. I showed the hand afterward just to set up a future bluff if I had to c-bet with air the next time.

Waiting for the short stack to bust so I could make it into the money but instead my opponent from the previous hand decides to get it all-in on the flop against the big stack with two naked kings vs. a set and goes out as the bubble boy. The short stack busts a few hands later to the big stack and I get into heads up with ~a 12:1 disadvantage in chips. I shove the first hand from the SB/Button (king, rag rag rag single suited to the king) and he calls of course and I whiff to end the tournament. But my strategy of waiting until the end of the rebuy paid off and I ended up making an $.8o profit (big money, I know). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods