A quickie (sort of)

Very first hand had AA29 first to act, raised to 60, got 4 callers of course and we're only playing 5 handed. Flop A94. I just come right out and bet 225 into 300. Get 1 caller. Turn J and he shoves into me for his last 1065 and I insta-call. River 6 and I beat his A395. Bit of a cooler there but that's what you get for playing Ace-garbage. He didn't rebuy and I double up to 3000 in just one hand.

Few hands later playing 4 handed get AA62 in the BB. 1 limper & SB completes and I decide to just check and see a flop. It comes T84 and I bet 45 hoping to pick it up. Two callers. Turn J completing my small flush. I bet 117, player to my left calls. River A. I figure he doesn't necessarily have the flush here and I feel my chances of getting raised are small so I bet 1/2 the pot again. He folds.

Little bit later had AKTQ first to act (still 4 handed). I raise to 90, the short stack raises to 150 leaving 171 behind. The BB called so I elected to just call rather than re-open the betting. If it were heads-up definitely would have put the guy all-in. Flopped the joint AQJ, bet the pot, and both players folded. Was hoping someone would call with 2 pair or something. Maybe should have checked and let the short stack stab at it. 

Bled some blind money and whiffed the few flops that I did see after that so entered the end of the rebuy/add-on period with 2779 in chips. Unfortunately that was only good for 3rd at that point, the short stack + 1 other player were eliminated in the same hand by a guy that flopped a set of 5s. 1 player rebought and another player came into the tournament and knocked that guy out for the 2nd time.

The good news was that with only 3 players left, I was guaranteed to finish in the money and show a profit (3rd paid $.90). Win a few small pots (inlcuding a walk in the BB), get AQ99 in the BB after button limps and SB completed. 50/100 blinds at this point. Flop comes J98 and SB leads out for pot, 300. I call, button folds. Turn K, he bets 900. Sigh. Can't see how I beat anything here especially since he's been playing passively, so I fold. Must have flopped the straight.

However, the guy would make a boneheaded play after that. I had folded OTB and he was in the BB and was involved with the other player in a limped pot. Blinds still 50/100.  Flop K73. SB bets 200 and he calls. Turn 2c. SB bets 600 and he calls. River Q. SB checks and he shoves for 4850 into an 1800 pot! SB thinks for a bit then calls, turning over K963 for the 2nd nuts. Meanwhile our friend had AQJ7 and just overbet shove two pair when he could have just taken a free showdown or bet less if he wanted to turn it into a bluff. SB had him covered so he was out in 3rd.

While that did get me to heads up I was at a huge chip disadvantage so couldn't do much and would have to settle for another 2nd which paid $1.35. By not taking the rebuy I got an $.80 profit and it only took about 45 minutes of my time. Not bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods