About Last Night

Crazy one last night. Very first hand had KKA♣2♣ so of course I raise it up to 105 with 15/30 blinds from first position in what was a 4-handed game. Both blinds call and we see a flop of 5♣43♠, giving me the 3rd nuts. SB bets 315, BB raises to 1260, and I put the rest of my stack in. I know one of them could easily have 76xx here but it's hard for me to automatically give them credit cause a lot of the time they show up with sets or even something stupid like 65xx at this level. Of course this time they both had 76 and I end up losing my stack on the first hand.

I end up rebuying and play pretty tight until the end of the add-on period. One more player joins so we're 5 handed. I'm sitting with ~1200 and decide not to take the add-on. I was the shortest stack at the table with the next lowest player in chips having 1000 more than me. 

My stack would continue to dwindle until I got down to 958 and pick up AA♣T♠2♠ and shove after the player to my right open-limps with 50/100 blinds at this point. He calls and I proceed to whiff on a board of Q74 5Q♣. I still manage to win the hand as my opponent only had KT99. After this one of the other players was eliminated after losing a lot of money on one hand and then getting finished off in another, so we were on the bubble.

A little bit later with blinds at 100/200 I was in the BB with AAJ4 and faced a raise to 700 from the button and a call from the SB. I shoved for 1766 total and they both called.I would again completely whiff the board of 763 9♣4but my opponents fared no better as they mucked AQJ5 and TT42 respectively. Thanks for the triple up!

I'd suffer a few reversals after that, overplaying a marginal hand in a blind vs. blinds and then raising to 600 and getting reraised to 1900 while holding QJT8. Decided to fold that one but if I were in a shorter stack situation I would have gambled with it. Had ~3500 and with blinds now 125/250-25 picked up aces again with AA65and actually faced a raise of 975 from the player to my right who was the short stack with just under 3k. I shoved and he called which I expected him to do. He had 9987 and we got an action flop of K♣T♣9♣. Set vs. flush. HOLD PLEASE!!! Turn Q. DO NOT PAIR THE BOARD! River 8. Ok good. We're in the money. 

Went back and forth 3 handed, had the lead at one point but couldn't keep it. Had a key hand come up when I was 2nd in chips sitting with ~5900 at the 150/300-25 level. Had A8Q2 OTB and raised to 900. BB who was the big stack called. Flop AT4♠. He checked, I bet 1500 and he raised to 3000. Gross. Almost committed at this point but can't figure out how I beat anything. I figure he has to have at least AT or a big flush draw which could be A♠Kxx which would still beat my AQxx, and could have a broadway draw to go with it also. So I fold and live to see another day. He showed A3JT♣ so I would have been in absolute terrible shape. Tough hand either way as I lost a lot of chips.

That player cruised from there and ended up knocking out the other player to at least get me to heads-up. But I at a 4:1 chip disadvantage. Ended up taking a shot with Q965(but they were double-s00ted!) and ran into AKQ8and could not get any help from the board so had to settle for a 2nd place finish and a $.75 profit. Not bad considering my comeback from hand 1 and after being the short stack by far at the end of the rebuy/add-on period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods