Diplomacy - Fall 1904

* Intro

* Spring 1901

* Fall 1901

* Spring 1902

* Fall 1902

* Spring 1903

* Fall 1903

* Spring 1904

Alright, got some time to update this before I go to bed. Matt, appreciate the comments so far. Certainly makes this much more interesting to do.

Negotiations:
Germany wants me to support him in Munich (holding) and support HOL-KIE. I tell him I will do so.

Orders:
ENGLAND
Edinburgh MOVE North Sea -> Bounced
Liverpool MOVE Wales -> resolved

FRANCE
English Channel SUPPORT Wales to London -> resolved
Mid-Atlantic Ocean MOVE Western Mediterranean -> Bounced
Burgundy MOVE Marseilles -> Bounced
Spain HOLD -> resolved
Ruhr MOVE Belgium -> resolved
Wales MOVE London -> resolved

ITALY
Aegean Sea MOVE Smyrna -> Bounced
Piedmont MOVE Marseilles -> Bounced
Tyrrhenian Sea MOVE Gulf of Lyons -> resolved
Western Mediterranean HOLD -> resolved
Kiel HOLD -> resolved
Tyrolia MOVE Munich -> resolved
Albania MOVE Tunis -> resolved
Constantinople MOVE Bulgaria -> Bounced
Ionian Sea CONVOY Albania to Tunis -> resolved

GERMANY
Denmark SUPPORT Holland to Kiel -> Support cut by f bal - den
Holland MOVE Kiel -> Attack broken by a kie xxx
Munich HOLD -> Retreat
North Sea MOVE Skagerrack -> Bounced

TURKEY
Black Sea HOLD -> resolved
Smyrna HOLD -> resolved

RUSSIA
Norway MOVE North Sea -> Bounced
Silesia SUPPORT Tyrolia to Munich -> resolved
Berlin SUPPORT Kiel to hold -> resolved
Skagerrack SUPPORT Baltic Sea to Denmark -> Support cut by f nth - ska
Ankara MOVE Constantinople -> Bounced
Clyde SUPPORT Liverpool to hold -> Supported ordre does not correspond
Galicia MOVE Vienna -> resolved
Rumania MOVE Bulgaria -> Bounced
Baltic Sea MOVE Denmark -> Bounced
Bohemia SUPPORT Tyrolia to Munich -> resolved
Sevastopol MOVE Rumania -> Bounced



Analysis:
I was forced to stab my only ally. I had planned to do so in the
spring anyway (delaying until the fall so I didn't have to hold
the center(s) for another move before building), but I still
hated it. I also thought Germany may try to stab me in Belgium,
so I moved there to cover my ass.

I was also hoping that Russia would take a lead here, but he allowed
Italy to take both Munich and Kiel. With no ally, I would have liked
to easily be able to convince Italy that Russia was on his way to
victory if we didn't work against him. Instead, both sit at 11
centers apiece, and can take me out before deciding whether to split
a victory or fight among themselves.

I'm still alive and even get a build, but I'm in a lot of trouble. I still
plan on influencing the conclusion as much as I can however.

Retreats/Builds:

GERMANY
Munich RETREAT Ruhr -> resolved

FRANCE
BUILD fleet Marseilles -> resolved

ITALY
BUILD army Venice -> resolved
BUILD army Rome -> resolved

GERMANY
Ruhr DESTROY -> resolved
Holland DESTROY -> resolved

TURKEY
Black Sea DESTROY -> resolved


Comments

Matt said…
Some people saw the bounce in Bulgaria as Italy and I squabbling. Not the case. It was a systematic effort to bounce each other, effectively covering all of the territories around the black sea with too few units so that the Turkish fleet couldn't take a center and stay alive. The plan works.

At this point, I'm stuck helping Italy back into Munich just to keep Germany on the ropes, and also support him in Kiel. I wanted Munich (Kiel, really), but Italy was in no position to support me in. I run with the plan, as German elimination is on the priority list.

Italy and I are both up to 11, just like a Nigel Tufnel amp and are well on our way to sharing this victory....

Except I'm really blocked out of all the action. I can get to 12 easily once I get Denmark. Maybe 13 by grabbing something in England, but that's my ceiling now. Not high enough to ensure a split should Italy change their mind.

I shuffle one near-useless unit that's behind the lines, hoping that no one figures out my next move.

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods