NL $50

I reached the $500 mark at UB last night and I said that once I got there I would move up to NL $50, so I did. I got pretty much destroyed. 3 key hands:

Hand 1: AA

I kept the pot small with this hand. A lot of people would've raised the flop, but a not so aggressive player bet into me and two other people, so I'm just going to flat call and see what the turn brings. He checked to me and I was glad to check behind and then call his river bet (which I probably should've folded to, what the hell do I beat?). I figured him for something like two pair when he checked the turn, maybe I could've bet him off it but that never seems to work so I tried to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

Hand 2: Aggressive fuckin idiot in the blind

Don't really know what to do here. I would've floated him if the pot was smaller, but too dangerous here in a reraised pot. I think my AQ is too strong to fold to the preflop reraise also. I guess I just have to flop top pair and push it hard against these guys.

Hand 3: Aggressive fuckin idiot redux

Why does he have to double barrel here? Does he have JJ/TT/99 here? He has to put me on a pretty good hand after I called the flop bet. I couldn't continue with this hand on the turn. I suppose I could've 4-bet preflop, but I really don't want to race it of with AK and I was planning on pumping it up on a low flop. Sigh.

So that's it. I lost some smaller pots, but down about 1/2 a buyin. If I lose two full buyins I'm going to have to go back to NL $25. There's still players that can be beat, and the others I'm going to have to adjust to. The games broke up so I quit, but I may jump back in soon.

Part II

I got back in and ran like crap again. Couple of hands in no particular order

FU Ace Magnets

Of course I have to turn the nut flush draw "allowing" me to take one off, and he of course shoves all-in on the river. Since nobody ever freekin double barrels with air at $50 NL, I can't call.

Aces go into the muck

This guy was so passive I couldn't even consider calling here.

I cannot FREEKIN believe the money did not go in here

What the hell was I suppose to put him on when he called the flop. He has to have an A, and he has to go with it because even if I have AK he's still chopping. Unbelievable!

This saved me from going on life tilt

If my aces had gotten cracked there, my monitor likely would have as well.

I guess this post is useless w/o a graph, so here it is. I guess it could be worse, I'm only down ~1/2 a buyin. Tomorrows is another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods