Update

Played two LOLMAHAs this week. First one was Tuesday night, and had 4 entries. There were 3 of us at the end of the rebuy period and I added on while my two opponents did not, leaving me with a pretty good chip lead. However, I ran like absolute garbage and ended up surrendering the lead. Then I got into a big pot with the chip leader.

Had AQ74♠ in the SB with 75/150 blinds and completed after button folded. He minraised to 300 and I of course called his suck in bet. That left me with 2540 behind. Flop gin, Q77. I check and he bets 600. I just smooth call. Turn Q. I check again, he bets enough to put me all-in and I delightfully get it in with him. He had AA75 which left him with one out. River A and I'm out as the bubble boy. Terrible beat of course. 

Got back in it last night and played pretty patiently. Nothing spectacular but just waited for the bigger stacks to hang themselves and they did. Made it to heads up. Had about a 2:1 chip disadvantage going in and won a few pots when an interesting hand came up:

Had A422♠ in the BB with 150/300-25 blinds. After posting had 5569 to his 8931. He completed, I checked. Flop JT8. We both check. Turn 9. I check, he bets 300 into 650, I think he's just taking a stab and I raise to 900. He calls. I can represent the nut flush here knowing that he can't have it. But I hate that he called. River 2 to give me a set. So I go from a bluff to a hand with showdown value. I make a blocking bet of 800 into 2450 (normally this would be a terrible bet but because the players in this game suck I usually can get away with this type of play). Didn't work this time, he raises to 2400 and I have to fold. I can't beat anything even an overplayed straight beats me. Can't see him bluffing here either after me showing strength on the turn. 

So that crippled me quite a bit and I'm down to under 4k. Very next hand get KJ55♣. Classic "but they were double-s00ted" type of hand. Also acceptable in a HU situation anyhow. I just complete from the button and he checks. Flop K72. He bets 650, I raise to 2200 and he shoves for not much more at this point. I'm happy to get it in with a pair + flush draw but he has a little bit better than I gave him credit for: Q776. Turn Tbut hit the 9 on the river and I'm not only still in it but have the chip lead.

Two hands later get A855 and complete. He checks. Flop J53. He checks, I hit the 75% button and bet 487. He calls. Turn T. He checks, I bet 1218 and he check-raises to 5278. Can I really fold here? I put him in for his final 847 behind and he of course hit his miracle on the turn with TT72. The A♣ on the river changes nothing and now I'm crippled. 

That left me with ~1100 left and the very next hand I'm fortunate to get dealt AATT and move-in after he completes. He can of course afford to call and does. My hand holds up against his KJ55. I open shove the next 3 hands and get over 3k. That gives me enough to go back to playing poker. Had AQ74 OTB and complete. He checks. Flop A2A♣ and he checks. I check it back. Turn K. He checks, I check again. Want him to make something or fire on the river. River A and he checks a 3rd time. I shove for my final 2577. Unfortunately he folded but I think it's the right play given that I open shoved those 3 hands before (he has to think I'm bluffing one of these times) and a pocket pair for him would probably have been good enough to call. Hard to put someone on quads.

Very next hand I had A344 and we see yet another flop in an unraised pot. Flop J62 and I flop the nuts, but could only get 650 out of him on a pot sized stab and he refused to put another chip in the pot. Blinds went up shortly after that to 200/400-50. Maybe this would force him to contest for more pots I thought. 

Had A276♣ OTB and complete. He checks and we see a flop of KJ6. He checks, I bet 675, he calls. Turn 7 to not only give me the flush but a redraw to a full house. Awesome sauce of course. He checks again, I bet 1125, he calls. River a blank 4. He checks, I have 2377 left and put it in. He finally lets me take him to value town (he mucked JT85) and after all of that I'm back in the chip lead.
 
Two orbits later I delivered the final blow. Had AAK6 and just limped. He made a raise and we ended up getting it all-in. He had KK82. Great situation for me as I had one of his outs and also two of the clubs he would need to make a flush were dead. I was a 4:1 favorite preflop which is pretty rare in this game. The board ran out J87 3 J and that was all she wrote. 4th title in 6 attempts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods