More 50 Cent Fun

Jumped into the LOLOmaha NL $.50 1R tonight and had a grand old time. This actually started with 9 runners then a 10th joined with late registration so it was actually divided up into 2 tables. Someone busted at our table but they did not re-combine into 1 so we were playing 4-handed. This interesting hand came up:

With 1275 and 15/30 blinds, I open-limp OTB with AQ53. The player on my left was being a pain in the ass and playing every pot I was in so didn't raise here. He raised me to 120 sure enough and the BB folded. I called with position (he had me covered). Flop came 925♣. He bets 270, I shove for my last 1155. He calls, but I turn my money card, 3and the river comes the 9♠. He must have a boat, right? Nope. Mucked AK32♣. LOL rebuys?

Got to the end of the re-buy period and took the add-on giving me ~4900 in chips. A hand into it we get to the "final table" as we get a bust and the site combined the two tables when it got down to 8 players. Another player busts soon after and we're down to 7. Had been pretty card dead but pick up AQJT and open for 250 with blinds now 50/100. Of course the nemesis to our direct left reraises me to 900. Back to me and I fold, sigh.

This guy gets it all-in with another player a few hands later and busts him and wins another pot and gets up to 10k, basically having me outchipped 3:1. But he gets into trouble when he somehow thinks 87xx is good on an 827AJ 3♣ board in a big heads-up pot with the player to his direct left. He's still in it but has fewer chips than me now.

With blinds at 75/150 I pick up AQKK♣ two off the button. Raise to 450, our friend in the CO min-reraises to 750 with only 1727 behind. Folded back to me I decide just to call and shove the flop if I get any piece of it. He can have a lot of hands here and he sucks so not getting it in with him as only a small favorite. Flop comes 8QQ and I decide to just check and let him do the betting. He puts it in and I snap. Turn 9 river Aand I bust him. He had K252♠, lol

Get up to 6k in chips at that point but have some reversals and get down to ~3500 when we reach the tournament bubble. Another player has a few hundred more than me, the player on my direct left has about 22k, and the player on his direct left has ~11k. However, it's actually that player that goes out as the bubble boy when he overplays his two pair against a flopped set and gives the chip leader an even bigger lead.

Managed to win some pots preflop and was limping a lot in the SB as well since the big stack was not punishing me for it and letting e see a lot of flops. Had 4145 after posting the 25 ante OTB with blinds at 150/300 and picked up KK66. Raise to 900 but the SB calls. BB folds. Heads up to the flop of J75 and he makes a weak bet of 300 into 2175. I just shove right there with the overpair in a short handed game. Turn and river come running 99 and he mucks AK85. Dodged a pretty big bullet there (was actually a 55/45 dog despite being "ahead" on the flop).

That got me to 8600 chips which was important cause I cut into the chip leader's stack and also now outchipped the other player by over 2:1. But got a little card dead and got down to ~7k. Open limped in the SB with 866Jand BB checked. Blinds now 200/400-50. Flop TT7 and it goes check-check. Turn 3and I check again. He bets 400 into 950 and I take one off with my gutshot and flush draw. River 6♠. I fill up but check again. He bets full pot, 1750. I decide to just call, didn't like that bet one bit. He had T7xx and filled up on the flop. Worst card for me but at least I didn't lose more money by raising. 

He busts the other player about 4 orbits later while I continue to decline in chips and we gets to heads up. He has a 10:1 chip lead on me, literally 36k to 3600. First hand of HU I have AJ97 and he open raises to 1900 (with blinds 300/600-50 now). I stick it in and go up against his QQ62. It's a coin flip. Flop comes KK7 and I turn the flush on the turn with the 4 but he fills up with a Qand it's over. Collect another 2nd place finish but good enough to get my bankroll over $25. Just sticking with tourneys and staying away from cash games is working out, although still looking for that first win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods