Rematch

Continued my attempt at being the best $.50 LOLMAHA player in the world tonight and was quite interesting. Did not get off to a good start though. Card dead from the onset and ended up losing my first buy-in after getting in a desperate situation and getting AIPF with KQ♣7♠2♦ against A♣T♣66♥ and lost with a flush to a full house on a AQTQA♦ board. Ended up staying at ~1500 on my second buy-in at the end of the rebuy period and added on so already in for 3 buyins.

Didn't look good after the break. I was last in chips and only 2 players were going to get paid. But thankfully there are some bad players in this. I played tight and watched 2 big stacks get it all-in on the turn on a 9♠8♠84 board. 1200 in the pot, went check, bet 1200, shove for 4215, and call. The guy shoving had JJ♣54♠ while the other player had QQ♣J♠8♦ and no help for either player on the river. So down to 4 at this point.

I continue playing tight and pick up very few pots, down to 2700 when two other players get all-in. With 100/200 blinds the CO limps, I fold, SB completes, and the BB who is the guy I played heads-up against the other night raises to 1000, the CO cold calls for 800 more, leaving him 2350 behind. BB puts him in on a 98♠4♠ flop and BBs AQ♣QJ ends up holding up against COs K♠QT♠9♠ after a 6♣ turn and 3♣ river.

So that brings us to the bubble and I'm in pretty rough shape going into 3-handed. The guy to my immediate left has 11575 at this point, my opponent from the other night has 7725, and I have a mere 2700. Blinds still 100/200 at this point and after the rebuy/add-on period it's 10 minute levels so I do have a little time here but looking for a double up.

I figure I need to step on the gas and assumed the other two players would wait for me to go out before getting into a big confrontation with each other. Had a hand where I had T♣5♣64♥ in the BB and check after the other 2 players limp. Flop 9♣32♦ and I start thinking about how much of a bet I can call here. I do check after SB checks, and button bets 200 into 600. I can call that. But SB has other ideas and raises to 1200. I have to fold now. But button has other ideas and reraises to 220. SB shoves, and they get it all-in. SB has 33xx and button 22xx and no help comes for the button.

Button still has a little over 1k chips more than me but the very next hand I open-complete from the SB with K♣5♣5♠Q. I check a flop of AQJ♣. He bets 200 and I take one off. Turn 6♣ and I check again. He bets 200 into 800, can't fold for that little, and we see an A♦ river. He makes another brilliant 200 bet, can't fold getting 7:1 so I make the crying call expecting to lose to Axxx or JQxx. But nope, he had Q♠T93♦ and now I am 2nd in chips. Thanks for the donation buddy! After that hand we go to the break and I feel pretty good now.

After the break I continue to accumulate chips. Both players were playing very passively and I had 5 straight walks in the BB. LOL! Get up to 5675 and in the SB when the following hand comes up. At 125/250-25 I get J♠8♠42 and complete as the player to my left had been letting me get away with it. He checked his option and I flop g00t, K76. I check, he bets 250, I just call. Turn T♠ and I check again. He shoves for his remaining 1525 and I snap call. He had A♣9♠98♦ and was stone dead. We are now heads up and it's a rematch of Wednesday night's head to head finals (interestingly the tourney did not run Thursday so back to back nightly $.50 LOLMAHAs with the same 2 players at the end).

This time I was behind but in a better position since I knocked out the other player. I had 8k to his 14k. We're a few hands in and at 150/300-25 when I get AA♠77♠ OTB. I elect to just complete and my opponent obliges by raising to 950. I reraise to 2900 and we get it all-in. A little different philosophy than the other night being behind in chips. Very happy to get it in here as I know I'm a favorite. He had A♣K♣KT♠ and my hand held up. Just like that I have almost a 3:1 chip lead.

He did make a bit of a comeback winning some pots and getting up to a little over 10k and within 1000 of me, but was able to keep the lead throughout the rest of the match. Chopped him down little by little using position and getting a good share of the pots uncontested. Expanded my lead to where he only had about 4k left before posting the BB in the following hand.


Had ATJ3 OTB and just limp. He checks. 400/800-75 at this point. Flop Q54♦ and he open shoves into me for his final 3275. I insta-call and he had Q♣5♣53♠. Just have to dodge the board pairing. Turn 2♥ river 6♣ and that is all she wrote. 3rd win in 4 attempts at this (the one loss being one last week that I didn't blog about, got AAxx AIPF and got cracked early by a garbage hand (Q853 or something like that where the guy flopped 2 pair on me), rebought and then got in a blind vs. blind with TT88 and shoved a 97x two♥ flop and lost to a guy that had an overpair + flush draw. So yeah trying to make something happen there when I didn't need to. On this site at these stakes (the Sunday freeroll applies to) you basically just have to wait for the other players to make mistakes and give you their chips. For me I had to get over the fact that I wasn't going to win every time. But I've more than held my own in these and have run reasonably well, that's for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods