Another one

Got another win in the $.50R LOLMAHA tonight. Had a total of 5 entries and a few rebuys/add-ons and was actually only at about 1300 at the break, so added on and then got some decent cards and won some pots. Got down to 3 handed with 2 places paying when the following hand came up.

Had AAQ5♠  in the SB with 75/150 blinds and ~5000 chips. Button who had the chip lead with ~7500 opened for 525 and I re-poped to 1725. Folded back to button who calls. I then open shove the rest of my chips on a K64flop and he folded. I thought he would have just folded to the reraise but he allowed me to take a pretty sizeable pot and get the chip lead from there which I never relinquished

Got down to heads up soon after with him after the other player got eliminated. I was pretty much chipping away at him and using position to take down pots. Had a few highlight hands with him.

With blinds 150/300 and a 50 ante I get QT98in the BB, quite eager to see a flop. My opponent however had other ideas; he opened for 950. I decide to call figuring to end the tournament right fucking then and there if I flopped big with this hand. I did get a good flop: 872♣. I lead out for 1950, full pot. Happy to just end it right there but also fine calling a shove. He folds and on that hand I chopped one of his legs off, metaphorically speaking.

The other leg would come off soon after. Get AAT7in the BB a few orbits later. He only min-raises to 600 this time and I just smooth call. I could re-raise here but I wanted to try and flop something and hope to take his money. If I re-raise he may either fold or get it in with me and suck out and now be back in the game. Didn't need to gamble with him.

Flop gin, AK5. This time I do not lead out and simply check-call a pot-sized bet of 1250. Turn is a good card for me also, 5. I figure that's an action killer so I'm hoping he turns his hand into a bluff and sticks in his final 2970. If he gives up on this pot he has less than 10 big blinds left. He did check behind the turn however.

River 2. I check again, hoping he's putting me on a top pair hand like AQxx/AJxx or maybe AKxx at best and would bluff at it. I was putting him on QQxx/JJxx maybe QJTx (basically something that didn't have much showdown value). He shoved and I called instantly. He mucked A843so he actually got there with a wheel but nevertheless I did under rep my hand and he stuck it in thinking his wheel was good but he also may have bluffed at it at the end had he not hit the straight. I believe my read of his read of me was accurate. 2nd level thinking motherfuckers!

Won a small heads-up SnG last night as well to put me over $30 now. Wanted to play the LOLMAHA but it didn't run as I was the only one that registered. Unfortunately they cancel the tournament at 9:55 if they don't have at least 2 entrants even though late registration is available if it gets started. So anyway, quick summary of the heads-up SnG: chopped him down little by little, we got it all-in preflop with my QQ against his AK, he spiked a K on the flop to stay alive and take the chip lead. I ended up winning more pots w/o showdown (again, using position very well in this as the people on this site tend to play VERY straightforward) then semibluffed all-in on the flop with a flush draw + overcards against an overpair which wiped out my pair outs but made the flush on the river to seal the deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods