New Site

Deposited $25 on a new site. It's CarbonPoker, a Poker.com skin. $25. The site actually took my credit card, all it needed to do was call me with a confirmation code and have me enter it on the site to make sure I had authorized the purchase. So that was great.

I jump into a $100 NL 6-max game and sit in for $25 . First hand I'm in the BB, pick up 94. UTG limps, I check. Flop comes 9 high rainbow pretty dry. I min-bet, UTG calls (I wanted to bet more, new software, hit the bet button by accident before using the slider). Turn comes Q, check-check. River is some blank, and I check it down with him. He shows QT. Blah, but at least I know he's willing to check down a good hand, so if he's betting/raising, he probably has it. After that I played pretty tight, just picking up the blinds a few times with legitimate hands (77, AQ, etc) and was up a little bit. Then an interesting hand came up for me. I had 88 in the CO. UTG limps, next player folds and it's to me. I decide to limp behind. I believed I had enough in implied odds to try and spike a set. I really hated the prospect of raising there, the flop coming one or two overcards, and not knowing what to do. Everybody else comes in. Button limps, SB completes, and BB checks. It's 5 to the flop with $5 in the pot. Flop comes down 995. SB, BB, and UTG check. I go ahead and bet $2.50. Figure that many hands miss this flop and will throw it away. I'm giving myself 2:1 odds on my bet as well, gotta take this down 33% of the time to break even (and that's assuming I never win if I get called). Everyone else behind me folds. Sweet.

Had to leave a hand or two after that because my internet was acting up. I had fold preselected but it would take 5-6 seconds to fold the hand. So I let it go until I was UTG and quit ahead $4.71. Tried to fix it, but couldn't do anything. Works great today though, guess it was just something to do with Comcast.

Tonight I got back in there for a little while. Took $25 and entered a $.25/$.50 game. Post my BB, play a hand and realize it's limit. Shit. Decide to stick it out for one orbit since I already posted the blind. Get 77 on the button. It's folded to me, I minraise (as that's the best available option, given the constraints of the game). SB folds, BB calls. Flop comes 342. He checks, I minbet, he calls. Turn 9, shit. He checks, I sheepishly check behind. River 8. He bets, I call. He shows 76 for a bluff. I take it down.

Now I know the limit authors suggest that you take a razor blade and lock yourself in your room for giving a free card away, but it doesn't seem so bad to me when the scare card comes, and your opponent might bluff the river since you showed weakness on the turn and he was only drawing at a few outs anyway. In no limit that's an easy check behind (depending on the size of the bet, calling on the river might not be however). Anyway, I'm not gonna sit there and grind it out for 1BB/100, so I leave after I fold my next 3 junk hands.

Find a $.25/$.50 no limit table and sit down for $25. I'm down a buck when the following hand comes up (villain had me covered). UTG raises to $2. I reraise to $6 with KK. Folded back to him, he calls for $4 more. I could've perhaps made it a little more here, but I don't want to blow him out, and with my 49bb stack I should be able to get it in with him if he flops something.

So there's $12.75 in the pot and the flop comes down KJ3. He checks, I bet $8. Normally I would pot it here, but I kinda want to show some weakness (while denying him the proper odds obv). $8 seemed about right there. He then takes about 10 seconds and moves in. I instacall for my final $10 and he shows 88. He's drawing live there (I'm a 72-27% fav), but pretty much what I wanted to happen. Turn comes 3 to give me the boat, and now he's drawing dead. I scoop in a $46.75 pot after the rake. The game broke after that and I couldn't find another one, so I left and came here.

It seems like a nice site to play. The NL $100 games play like NL $25 on Stars/UB/FT. I can play my smallball style and not have people play back at me. Such a relief. Plus, when you get it all-in against someone, not only do the cards get turned face up, but it shows odds! I do know what a hands odds are against another hand, but it's nice to have when you're in a big pot and can't think about anything else but your hand holding up. The only problem is game selection. Not a whole lot to choose from. Sometimes only a couple of games running at each stake. Also no convertable hand histories, PokerTracker, or HUDs. But if I'm ever going to move up, this might be the answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods