Fantasy Football

I joined a yahoo public league the other night and had a draught. Ten teams, 14 week regular season with 4 team playoff weeks 15 & 16. Starting positions of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K and 6 bench spots. Point categories are:

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Here's how the draft went. I had the 9th pick. I really hate picking on the end because you have to sometimes take a worse player at a position or take someone early because it's going to be almost 2 rounds of picks before it gets back to you. Here I ended up taking the best TE, Antonio Gates in the 4th round as a result of this.

1. (9) Willie Parker RB
2. (12) Laurence Maroney RB
3. (29) Donovan McNabb QB
4. (32) Antonio Gates TE
5. (49) Plaxico Burress WR
6. (52) Laveranues Coles WR
7. (69) New England DEF
8. (72) Reggie Brown WR
9. (89) Mark Clayton WR
10. (92) Marion Barber III RB
11. (109) Ben Roethlisberger QB
12. (112) L.J. Smith TE
13. (129) Stephen Gostkowski K
14. (132) Seattle DEF
15. (149) Olindo Mare K

Decent draft I think but after reviewing with some experts I really did not need a backup TE, K, or DEF. By default I've always done that because of the bye week. So I made a few roster changes. I needed to go through the waiver wire, but luckily I was #2 (because I had the 9th pick) so I got the guys I needed.

DROPPED:
Olindo Mare (K)
Seattle (DEF)

ADDED:
Chester Taylor (MIN - RB)
Mike Furrey (DET - WR)

I figure I have decent enough depth now (I'll keep LJ Smith for now and use that roster spot to add/drop for bye weeks). I think my weakness is at WR, missed out on the top tier WRs in between rounds 2 and 3. Got two good RBs though, a good QB who apparently has no lingering effects from that ACL tear, and a top TE and top DEF. Should be a fun year. Unlike baseball you really only have to make your adjustments once per week, so I'll be sure to keep up with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods