One and Done

Late registered for the $50 level 4 tourney tonight. Waited basically until the last minute and got in with blinds at 250/500-50 and 5k starting stack. Had 30 at 1 point and were down to 15 left but a few more people had the same idea and got in right as I did.

First hand I'm UTG and I just have this feeling that I'm going to get something I will have to play. And I do: K♠Q. I got just under 10 big blinds after posting the ante and with being the BB next hand I have to take a shot with this hand. So I shove. Next two players fold and then the next player uses some of his time bank, then folds. Gets pretty quickly folded to the BB, who takes a few seconds to call. Dang. By that point I was hoping to just pick up the pot and collect a round of blinds and antes.

His cards are revealed: JJ♠. The flop comes AJ♣9♣. I'm dead to a gutshot. 7♣ on the turn, 2on the river and I'm out after just one hand. Zero regrets about how I played it though. Even against the Jacks I'm only a 43-57% dog going into the flop and if I double up on that hand I'm pretty close to average stack and give myself some chips to play poker with and steal blinds and so forth later on. Ended up going out 19th with all the last second entries that came in. 9 were going to get the step 5 ticket and 10th some $.

In other news Grand Poker is back up and running again and my GPPs are still in my account. I have enough to play in a $10 GPP Freeroll which pays $5 to everybody that enters and $10 to the winner. They need 5 people to run it though and didn't have enough earlier when I tried to register so I'll have to try another time. Hopefully they still have the Sunday night freeroll so that I can play in that as well. Hoping to get some cash on one of these sites without having to deposit money so I can play in some cash games, even if it's $.01/$.02.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods