Leveling Up

Time to use my level 3 ticket. Based on how the last one went with managing to sneak in with not ever having much more than my starting stack, I decided to register in the last level of late registration. 26 left at that point with 11 getting the seats and 12th getting close to $50. This time we start with 2500 and at the 75/150 level with a 15 ante. Played two hands that I folded preflop and then get moved to another table.

How this site does table moves is ridiculous at times. They put me and 1 other player at the table and had us high card for the button and play a hand before they filled the rest of the table. I won the high card. Blinds just went up to 100/200-20 and I got dealt T
3 which I raised to 600. BB must have just registered right before this hand since he had his full stack of 2500. He uses his entire 90 second time bank and mucks it, lol. 

Few hands later I pick up QJ in the CO and I open for 600. BB calls and he has me covered by a lot. Flop comes J64 he checks and I shove for my remaining 2050. He folds and I take down a decent pot. Next round in the CO I get dealt 99 and open to 600 again. The 3 players fold and I decide to show my hand hoping to present a tight image.

A few hands later I'm in the BB with Q5 and I get a free look at the flop when the SB limps in. Considered raising him but I figured I could take a flop with position. Flop comes 935 and he donks for 200. I call. K on the turn and he bets 400 into 920. Don't see how I can fold for that price and we take an A river. Goes check-check. Not sure I can rep the flush there I think he's looking to check call if he has something better than a 5 and I'd win a showdown if he has nothing and he ended up having J9. That puts me back close to my original starting stack and after folding my SB preflop I would be below it. 

After a few more hands got moved to a different table so I guess that image thing was for naught. However it would work out as I got dealt AA UTG with blinds now 125/250-25 and raised to 750. Played in MP makes it 2800 and it's folded back to me. I have 1500 behind and glad to get it all-in with him. I'm in great shape against his AK but I do have to sweat it out a bit when he catches a piece on a flop of 83K. The turn comes 2 and the river is a blank with the 6 and I get a huge double up. 

While I'm reveling over that hand I get A9o in the BB and find that I'm all-in with someone without having to put a chip in the pot. He had 97o and flopped two pair on a K 9 7 flop, but he got counterfeited on the turn when another K showed up. River was a blank and I took down another pot. However he only had 10 left so was all-in and the ante was 25 so I would have collected most of it even if he had won the hand. 

Got moved again, had KQ in MP raised it up to 3x the BB and everyone folded. I showed it. Then get Q7 in the BB after folding the next couple of hands preflop. Didn't plan on playing it but SB completed and I just checked. Flop comes JQA and I call his weak-ass bet of 300 (which at this point was the minimum with blinds 150/300-30). 6 turn and he bets 300 again. I call again having to play somewhat cautiously as we near the bubble. K river and he bets 300 again. I think he's weak and there's a 4 card straight on the board so I make it 1500. I may not have the best hand so going to try to turn my 3rd pair into a bluff but I don't think he's that strong. He folds and I muck and collect the pot.

A few hands later we get the message that we are going to be hand for hand. Waiting for the other tables to finish before getting dealt the next hand and a message comes up that we are no longer hand for hand. So went from 14 to 12 just like that. Goal was to try and get the 12th place money though so I decided the next hand I'm open shoving with ATC. I get 75o and UTG open shoves and has me covered and I call all-in. However, the player behind me who I cover goes all-in as well. 3 way hand and I am up against 95o and K6o. Clearly both players had the same idea. The short stack ended up winning the hand somehow and board got dealt so fast that I could only see the pot shipped to him. After that someone at another table got eliminated and the table was paused. However the lobby showed that the tourney was over and the ticket was in my account. Next level is a $50+$5.01. 


Didn't play at all in Vegas. Couldn't find an O8 game. There was a tourney at the hotel I was staying at one of the days but they had 5 runners only (while having a 14 person waitlist for $1/$2 NL. Was hoping people would come in from the waitlist but that did not happen). Figured I was going to be up against regs and wasn't interested. Played video poker to pass the time between other activities, think I ended up -$8, but it was 99.54% JoB, so not too -EV. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods