Murica's Cardroom

So it's been almost a year since I've played any kind of poker but sort of getting the itch to play again. Plus I'm going to Vegas in a week so was planning on at least playing a little bit there as well and wanted to see how sharp my game is. Downloaded the software for America's Cardroom and decided to try and play some play money games before I made any kind of deposit.

Turns out they have some good freeroll action. The pay structure is bad (only pay the top 12 out of 400+ entries with only a $10 prize pool) but using it to get some practice in. The freerolls run constantly; there's always one open for registration and once they get enough players it begins. Thought I've played mostly well but the cards haven't gone my way and I think I've only cracked the top 200 once out of maybe 10 tries. Here are some fun hands from my various tournaments.

9593489
Just got moved to this table, no reads on anyone. Folded to the SB and I elect to defend with K♠9. It's less than a 3x raise, I felt he was just trying to steal it but without having any prior history with this player I thought calling with position was better than coming over the top. Liked spiking top pair on the KT4 flop but wasn't sure about the pot sized bet so I called and hoped he would check to me on the turn. His range is still pretty wide here and I could be ahead. Turn comes 9♠ which improves my hand but completes a straight if he has QJ, or perhaps gives him a flush draw. He makes a weak-ass 1/2 pot bet and I jam. He calls with his A♠Q and hits his miracle J on the river. Puke.

9593494
Silly replayer thinks I'm player 1 in this hand but I am player 2. Got QJin the SB and call for $350 more in a family pot. 5 players take a J high all flop and being woefully out of position against 4 other players I decide to check and see what happens. Original raiser makes a very weak 800 c-bet and after a call and a couple of folds I decide to jam. I am hoping to just win it right there but if not at least get the K or A to fold if I'm behind. Everyone else but the preflop raiser folds and he ends up having AK but thankfully my hand holds up.

9593496 
Here's another hand where I played really well. I had been playing super tight this whole time and get ZERO respect of the raise when I open 22. Guy had been raising a lot of hands so his re-pop was not something that was going to deter me. Wanted to see a flop so I just called and when he bet just a little over 1/2 the pot I jammed. I figured to have the best hand here a lot of times and his weak c-bet seemed like he was trying to win it right there with AK/AQ/QJ, something like that. He folded and I showed the hand and typed in the chat "respect my raises", hoping to set up a future encounter with him where I have the goods and he pays me off. Unfortunately I got moved to another table right after that hand. 

9593498 
I thought I was the one trapping this hand. Figured with AK I would just limp up front and someone would throw in a big raise. I was  sure the BB was just trying to steal it. But nope, AA. Still think it was a good play; he just happened to wake up with AA but I think a lot of players on that site pump it up with worse. 

Another hand I went out with today. Had QQ UTG and got raised all-in buy a guy 2 off the button. He had A6 and spiked an A. Fuck hold'em and its volatility. I want to go find an Omaha 8 game.
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods