Some brilliant play by yours truly

Well you be the judge. Here are some key hands. We pick it up 5 handed with me being the short stack having late-registered at the last minute and declining the add-on, as of course is tradition.

Almost made a quick exit though to be honest. Did win a pot to get up to ~1900 and then opened for 525 with 75/150 blinds holding AQ♣J♣6. Donk to my left just shoves for 7k, and it's folded back to me. I run a simulation of my hand against AAxx and I'm about a 2:1 dog getting 2:1 on a call I stick my last 13 and change in.


He actually had KK♠Q♠7♣ instead and the flop came A♣T♣4to give me a nice lead and after consecutive brick offs on the turn and river I get a nice double up.  After folding the next 3 hands preflop (including both blinds) I had 3500 and had A♠KJ♠Jin the CO. UTG limps for 150 and I make it 675. Both blinds end up calling the raise and UTG folds. Flop comes Q5♠4and it's checked to me. I pot it, basically committing myself with only a few backdoor possibilities but I'm going to go ahead and try to represent AAxx or KKxx here and maybe I can get a Q to fold. Blinds do fold and I take down an important pot. That gets me to 5k and I go from 5th in chips to 3rd.


Go pretty card dead for a bit after that and I'm just under 4k with blinds now at 125/250 and a 25 ante. I open for 750 in the CO after UTG folds with A♠Q♣Q7and it's folded to the BB who defends and has just 1300 left after his call. Flop comes 9♣8♣7♠ which is wetter than the seats at a movie theater after a showing of Fifty Shades of Grey. He checks to me and I put him all in anyway with my overpair. He folds and I get back up to just under 5k. That player is eliminated a few hands later and we're now on the bubble with just 4 left and 3 paying.


Did not do well on the bubble for the first few orbits and quickly was bleeding chips. Was the short stack with 2800 left after posting a BB (now 150/300 + 100 ante) holding J♠T99♣. Button limped, SB completed and I contemplated raising but decided to check and see a flop instead which came Q8♠5. I do like the flop with the wrap and flush draw but decide to check to the button after the SB checks. Button makes a pathetic 1/2 pot bet of 500 and SB calls. I make what I believe is my best play of the night and shove. I definitely look pretty strong here but I was fine with gambling if either or both wanted to call. Of course I could be up against a better flush draw but my semi-bluff here could also get someone off a higher flush draw as well. They both ended up folding and I took it down.

That got me to 3rd in chips ahead of the player that was the button that hand but slightly behind the player in the SB. The 4th player had a nice lead with 11k. I'd get to 2nd an orbit later in a blind vs. blind scenario. Had 99xx and flopped middle set but there was a straight possibility out there so I checked it back with the plan of betting a blank turn. Did not get that blank on the turn as a possible flush came in. Checked it back a 2nd time but since he checked to me a 3rd time on the river I bet 1/2 the pot and got him to call with a low two pair hand. 


Very next hand I'm in the SB with K♠J9♣7♠ and we're in a family pot. After the first two players limp I complete and the BB checks. Flop Q♠T♣9♠ which gives me the nut straight and a redraw to the 2nd nut flush. Yummy. I expect someone to bet this wet flop though so I check and BB obliges with 650 into 1300. CO calls, button folds, and I make it 3900. BB folds and CO tanks and calls off his last 2482. He's holding TT♠7♣6♠. I'm a 2:1 favorite and faded a paired board on the turn and river (actually hit the flush on the turn to boot) to knock him out and get myself in the money. That also put me very close to the big stack with 9883 at that point to his 10628 and and the 3rd player having 3464. I gained the chip lead a few hands later when the big stack doubled the other player up. He lost another big pot to him to drop to 3rd in chips after that.

Was in the BB when the following hand came up. Still at the 150/300-100 level. Button opened for 1125 leaving him 3339 behind. SB folded and I defended with J♣T♠98♣. I love rundowns in this game. Flop made me love it more, JT5♠. I bet right into him for pot (2475) and he immediately shoves for his 3339 total. I of course call expecting to see an overpair and/or a diamond draw but he instead has A♠K♠77. LOL. Why not just fold and wait for a better spot? Turn 3and river 8♠ and we are now heads up.


Had basically a 14k to 9k advantage but wasn't fucking around in heads up. At 200/400-50 now and 2nd hand in I defend the BB with JT54 after he min-raised to 800. Flop T32, not bad. I'm open-ended and have top pair. I check, he bets 1300, I decide to just call. Turn J and I check again. Argument to be made for leading into him here but if he has a hand like AAxx I want him to fire again and not be scared off by a big bet from me. He actually shoves for his final 7100 and I call. I figure I have enough equity to gamble here and could in fact be way ahead if he just has an overpair. Turns out he had AK62 and two flush draws.

He’s actually a slight favorite going into the river but it’s the A and I hold on for the win. I collect $3.75 for my efforts as 10 players participated with 5 add-ons/rebuys so good prize pool tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods