Back to the LOL Fest

And lolfest it was tonight. Got in just as the rebuy/add-on period was ending as usual with my initial buy-in only. Full table of 9 players. A few hands in I was in the BB (50/100 level at that point) and got a free flop with A987♣. With 6 players in the pot, SB pots a flop of 6♠52 and I shove for my remaining 1400 with my huge draw. A middle position player also shoves (who I actually have covered) and we have a 3-way all-in early on. Turn 8♠, river T♠ and my straight is good enough to win this 3-way all-in against 843x and 66xx. Huge chip gain early on for me. 

I play tight, win a few more pots, and I'm up to a little over 5k. With blinds 100/200 now we're 5 handed after 3 more eliminations and I pick up KQ♠9♠5♣ in the SB. I complete after CO and button limp. BB checks. Flop JT♠5♠. I elect to check my Q high flush and see what happens. BB checks, CO (the one player that has me covered at this point) bets pot, 800. Button drops, I call, BB also drops. Turn Q♣. He bets pot again (2400). I call and only have 1685 left. Putting most of his range on some type of flush, and obviously A&K high flushes beat me. Have a tiny bit left to get away from it on the river but going to have to make a really good read to do so.

River comes J and I check a 3rd time. He checks it back though and reveals 8♠6♠xx so my hand was good the whole time. With that pot I take the chip lead. We soon drop to 4 and the bubble seemingly takes forever. Had a chance to get down to 3 but got blown off a KKxx hand on the flop when the fucking idiot villain from the hand before decides to stab into a dry side pot and lets the all-in player win with unimproved QQxx.

Up to 200/400-50 and starting to bleed chips fast. Few hands where I raised preflop and then get bet into on the flop so had to fold and a few limped pots where I couldn't improve. Plus blinds/antes being taken out. Down to 7300 when this hand happens. Get 8754 on the button. CO who is villain from before and who now has the chip lead folds. I open for 1200. SB folds and BB who is the short stack shoves for his final 2045 on top. Pretty much have to call so I do. 

Flop Q♠65, got some outs, c'mon. Turn 6♠, river 2♠. Brick city. Drop down to 3rd in chips after that with 4860 left and the 4th place player only 500 behind. Easily could bubble here. Decide if I'm going to go down, I am going to go down in flames. Two hands later pick up KQ♠T♣7 in the BB. This time our villain decides to minraise from the SB over CO's limp and we both call. Flop K♠T2. I shove for my final 3960 and CO folds. He tanks and I'm like, fuck him if he calls me with a hand like AAxx. He has to know that's no good. But that's what he does. Turn and river are the J♣ and 9 respectively and I take the pot improving to a straight that I didn't need but will take. Thanks buddy, I now have the chip lead again.
  
Then we had this fun hand. Blinds 300/600-50 now and I have J982 in the BB and check after button and SB limp and complete respectively. Flop J62and our favorite villain bets 600. I call with my top and bottom. Button also calls. Turn J. MOTHER FUCKING BOAT. Villain checks and I decide to check. Button has 1990 left and I just have a sense he's going to look at the 3800 in the pot, his remaining stack and ship it in there. He obliges and I immediately check the call button while waiting for SB to tank and eventually fold. He had QQxx and down to 2 outs. Harmless Aon the river and we have finally reached the money after about 1.5 hours of play at this point (well 1 for me, 1.5 for the tournament as a whole). I type into the chat "I knew he was going to shove there" as I could not help myself. I love setting traps and actually having them work. Had I bet there myself I don't think he calls with his overpair. Another possible hand I had him on was a flush draw which is a decent semi-bluffing hand in that spot but not one he could have really called with. This guy I have played with before and he is a competent reg.

Villain just blows chips 3 handed but unfortunately it's to my opponent and not me so we get to heads up about even in chips. Only a couple of hands in I'm a tiny bit behind when I get Q876 OTB with 400/800-75 blinds. I make it 2400, he calls. Flop: T87. He checks, I bet 3/4 of the pot, he decides to challenge me with a check-raise to like 7400 and I just have a gut feeling he's trying to get the tourney over with some stupid draw or something and I figure my bottom 2 + gut shot is good enough here and put the rest of the money in. He flips up A653♠ and absolute piece of shit hand to have in that spot and gets lucky on me when the 4hits on the turn. Useless 6♣ hits on the river and that's it. Oh well, got it in as over a 3:1 favorite. Collect $2.25 for 2nd, not too bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods