Drought is over!

Finally ended the stretch of not cashing in the LOLMaha. I will share some key hands from tonight's action. Tourney actually had 11 runners and there were 7 left when I joined right before the end of the rebuy period. Elected to stick with just the original buy-in as usual and did not add-on. 

Within a couple of orbits we had gone from 8 to 5 which is what I was accustomed to seeing. I had just 1100 left and managed to steal the blinds a couple of times and get up to 1625 when the following hand took place.

Had AAJ8 OTB and with blinds 75/150 the HJ minraises to 300. I shove and he calls. He had a monster: Q996 and managed to flop a set of 9s. I turn a J high straight however (board was 6 7 9 T) and stay alive while getting a key double up. My opponent in that hand went out soon after when shoving 87xx into a 6 5 3 board against a guy that had 74xx and got no help on the turn or river.

Down to 4 at that point with 3 paying. One player was down to the absolute felt with just a couple hundred left. He got it in with the other 2 players and me out of the action that hand and there would be no short stack miracle as he would be eliminated as the bubble boy. Just like that I managed to get in the money.

With 3 left I was the short stack with about 4.5k vs 9k and 11k or thereabouts. Had a hand in the BB where I checked after the other 2 players came in. Flop came all . Checked around. Turn another . SB checks, I fire 400 into 600 and pick it up with air, and show the bluff. Very next hand I was involved with the player to my left in a blind vs. blind completing with KQ85. Flop came T83 and I check called a 200 bet (into a 600 pot, lol). Turn Qand I check again. He checks back and I hit my flush on the river with the 7♣. I figured he was taking a shot on the flop and would be likely to try to bluff me on the river as payback for the hand before so I checked. He bet full pot, 1k, and I called figuring I won't get him to call with worse if I shoved and there's a possibility he may have a nut or 2nd nut flush. He did end up mucking a straight but I took down a decent sized pot.

Shortly after that he collided with the other stack and won a big pot to get to heads up. I did have a 3:1 deficit and had QQxx. He made a big raise and I shoved figuring he was trying to just end it, but he had KKxx and it held up and that was it. Collected $2.40 for my efforts, I'll take it.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods