Sunday Freeament

Pretty card dead the first few orbits playing no hands when I get dealt AT on the button in the 2nd level (15/30 blinds). MP player lips for 30, I raise to 90 and SB (who has been pretty active and aggressive) reraises to 150. Folded back to me and I call with position. Flop comes Q6J and he checks. I take the free card. Turn 2. He makes a feeble bet of 90 and I call. Given the action I am putting him on 99 or TT. I think he was concerned with the Q and J on the flop and checked and is now trying to pick it up cheaply. I call not only for the pot odds but I believe I may have some bluffing equity on the river. However the river is the A and I elect to just check behind and show it down just in case he was in there with AJ or AK and didn't expect to get called by tens or nines with now 3 overcards on the board. He mucked 44.

Go card dead again but pick up QJ three off the button at the 25/50 level and raise to 125, get cold called by the CO and the button shoves for 350. I fold. Ended up being CO A9 vs button QJ, and the QJ ended up spiking a pair and winning. F*%@#! Don't think I can call there though.

Table breaks and I get moved. Get AK UTG+1 and raise to 150, getting a call from the SB only. Flop comes  JT6 and I elect to check behind after SB checks to me. Turn T♠ and I make a nitty check-behind again. However river comes Q to give me the broadway straight, but my opponent check-folds to my 270 bet. I thought too many hands hit that flop to c-bet but probably should have made a stab on the turn.

Very next hand AQ from UTG, raise to 150. BB calls and then bets into me on a J87 for full pot, 330. I fold, sigh. Immediately after I get 98 in the BB and get a free play after CO limps and SB completes. SB bets 60 into 180 on a flop of AT8 with one , so I call and limper calls. Turn 3, SB checks, I decide to bet 200 and now limper shoves. BB folds and I have to fold. Another sigh. Probably not a good bet with the limper in there. Knew BB was weak.

A little bit later get TT from UTG+1. Raise to 320 now planning to get it in if reraised, as I refuse to give any players at this table much credit. Button flats and it's heads up to a 976 flop. I bet 600 and button instantly folds.

Blinds up to 50/100 with a 10 ante now and I get AQ after the BB busted the hand before so only 1 blind this hand. Couple of limpers and I just decide to shove for 2000 more. Don't really want to see a flop. Fine with seeing all 5 cards if called or picking it up now. They fold and I pick up the pot. I win 1 more hand in EP with AKo picking up the blinds after an open raise when everyone else folds. Table breaks right after. At this point I have 2671 with blinds 60/120-15 which is below the average of 3k with 250/387 left. 
 .
After getting a walk in the BB at the new table get KT in the SB. I raise to 360 and the BB calls. Flop comes 873 giving me the 2nd nuts. I make a half-pot bet hoping BB will call with any piece of the board but he folds. Blah. That pot does put me at a little bit above the average stack however.

Blinds however have escalated to 100/200-25, I'm in the BB with 88, CO open-shoved for 1255 and I call after the next 2 players fold. He had 99 and it held up. Bad break there, couldn't fold in that spot. Do get some chips back a few hands later when I shove over a limp & minraise OTB with AQo and pick it up preflop.

Get KK in the BB with blinds up to 125/250-30 and just elect to shove on top of an UTG min-raise figuring he'll call with all sorts of junk anyway (he had me covered by about 300 chips). He does call but has QQ. My kings hold up and I get a key double-up. Up to over 5000 now.

Get JJ UTG an orbit later and raise to 900 with 150/300-40. Button reraises me to 2910 and he has 3500 behind. I'd be committing most of my remaining chips to call the raise and this player had been playing really tight and to come over the top of an UTG raise like that with money behind felt like a strong hand. Perhaps made a nitty fold but I decided to wait for a better spot. Table breaks immediately after and after folding the first hand at the new table (came in as the CO), made it to the break with 4k in chips which is about 1700 shy of the average stack with 132 remaining.

Blinds escalating after break with 200/400 I call a min-raise with QT from the button with the SB all-in and the UTG player already open-limping. Flop comes 664 no and I have to check-fold to an UTG bet. Very next hand blinds go up to 250/500-60 and I open shove AKo in the SB. BB who has a huge stack deliberates and calls with JTo. I win the hand and get a key double-up spiking a K on the turn and an A on the river for good measure.

Table breaks and I get moved again. 97 players left and still about 1700 behind the average stack with 6k in chips. As I'm about to post the BB the site moves me again! Come into the new table as the CO so I'll take it. Not getting dealt anything though so folding and it's my BB next hand with 350/700-85 blinds and a dwindling stack. Get 65o and get a free play in the BB after an UTG limper with a huge stack and a complete by the SB. Board of AQ96J checked around all 3 streets and I actually chop with UTG's T6. A few hands later pick up AA and after UTG shoves (has me covered) and with the BB already all-in, I call, board runs out to give BB the winning hand with 84o (he made a straight with no card higher than 7 appearing on the board), but I beat UTGs JJ to get over 10k with 69 players left. Only 9 out of the money and only a wee bit below the average stack.

Down to 64 left and I go into OMG ICM mode. In the BB with A2. UTG with a bigger stack limps and I check. Flop K44. Check, he bets 1k into 3500. I call. Turn K. Check, another 1k bet and I fold. Very next hand it pays off though. UTG all-in for not much more than the BB, I call in the SB with AT for 696 and BB calls for 196. Flop AAJ. I check-call 1000 and do so again on the 7 turn. River 8. I check, he bets 1k, and I shove for 3k more. At this point he probably figures he's committed and calls with J8 which puts me in a great chip position and secures my place in the money.

After getting in the money get AQ in the BB and shove on top of 2 limpers (had them both covered). I took it down preflop.  Very next hand had JJ and open-shoved the BB from the SB (who I now had covered). He folded. At 22k and change with 45 left, I have an above average stack.

Get card dead for a few orbits and raise to 4400 at 800/1600-200 with A9o. Button flats, SB shoves and I’m forced to fold. Button actually had AK and SB had AJ to both have me crushed anyhow. A jack flopped of course and the 2nd best hand won. 

Down to 14000, blinds now at 1k/2k with a 250 ante when I post the BB and get ATo. Folded to SB who open-limps and I just shove for 11k more. He has me covered so if he calls and I lose I’m out, but he folds. Fold a few more hands and made it to the 2nd break with 15721 and 32 players left with the average stack being 23625. Blinds will be 1250/2500-310 so I will be in push/fold mode when we return.

First hand after break I get dealt AA in MP. I move in but end up going heads up against the BB who was all-in anyway. I beat his A6. Gain 3k in chips. Next time around in the BB get dealt K6o and the button open-shoves for 11k. It’s for about half of my remaining chips and I’m getting about 2:1 on a call but decide to fold. However I think it’s a close decision. Two hands later with 13k I decide to make a stand with J3 but the SB calls and BB folds. Both blinds had me covered but would be risking most of their chips by calling, so figured this was the best chance to try and steal the ever-escalating blinds and antes. SB had A9 but the flop comes down 9JQ to give me some hope. Turn 6, but the river is the Aand I’m out in 28th.

I collect $3.25 for my efforts and no regrets about my shove OTB but can’t help but think of the K6o hand before. Should I have called that? If the guy is raising the button with the top 15% of hands only, I’m about a 2:1 dog against that range and it’s mathematically correct to call with the pot odds, but that’s a very conservative range against a player who is probably making a desperation all-in move and could very well be on a steal.  On the other hand, I’m risking half my chips to make a call and I can only win the pot by making the best hand, and my hand itself is not all that great, so going to have to inquire to poker minds greater than me on that one.
I’ve enjoyed making these deep runs but really wanted to win this one or at least make the final table. 

That said this may be my last freeroll for a while.  My Sunday night bowling league starts back up next week and I may not make it home in time to play. There's always the Saturday 1GPP rebuy I suppose but got too many things planned on Saturdays that I probably won't be able to play that much either. So it will probably be mostly cash games going forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods