A little $25NL

Played a quick session of six-handed $25NL as that was the lowest game running. Bought in for $10 and decided to post in the CO rather than wait for the BB. First hand get dealt 65♠ and it's folded to the HJ player that decides to make a feeble raise to $.50. I call and the BB calls. Flop 522. BB checks and HJ bets $1.75, the size of the pot. I decide to fold against an unknown as I feel like a full pot bet is an overpair or at least overcards with a flush draw (e.g. QJ) most of the time, especially into 2 players. BB calls and the hand ends up getting checked down after a 4 turn and a 9♣ river. HJ had a mere A♣4, but BB had A5 so I'm glad I folded even though my original read was off.

Folded for like 2 orbits after that as I got dealt squadoosh, although I did get 1 walk in the BB with 72o. Finally get a hand when I'm OTB, an A♣9♣, but my raise merely picks up the blind money. I was actually contemplating leaving the table as the players were playing decently with many pots being won preflop so didn't feel like it was a very profitable game but elected to stick it out for a few more orbits and see if I could get in a hand and outplay them postflop.

An orbit and change later I get K♠J♣ in the BB. HJ opens for $.75, CO calls, button calls, and I call. Heads up I would have considered folding this out of position , but for $.50 into $2.60 it's an easy call. Flop comes J♠T2♠. I elect to check rather than bet this into a field of 4 players. Gets checked around. Turn 3. I consider betting but check again, figuring I'd call a bet and not lose a lot of money in this hand with 1 pair if behind. CO makes a feeble $.25 min-bet, and button calls. Back to me and I attack the weak stab with a raise to $2. Given the bet size and that no one put in a serious bet with a pretty wet board out there, I raise $2 figuring to have the best hand. All 3 players fold and I take down the pot.

Two hands later I'm on the button with A♣T♣ and raise to $.65. SB calls, BB folds. Flop comes T83. SB checks and I bet $1.01, with the extra penny for good luck. SB calls pretty quickly so I figure he is on a draw. Turn 7. He checks, I bet $2, he quickly calls again. River 4♣ and he donks into me for $1.18. I figured him for a draw and in case he's trying to get value from a J9 type of hand I wasn't going to raise. I call and he had J♣8♣ and was trying to get to showdown cheaply. Good blocking bet by him I guess but likely wasn't going to bet the river anyway.

Two hands later I am in the HJ with A♠K♣ and raise to my standard amount of $.65. The BB who I pegged as a pretty good player on this site calls. Flop comes AQ3 and the BB checks to me. I elect to check behind for deception purposes against this player. Turn 9♣ and he leads into me for $.70 into $1.40. It's a way ahead/way behind situation for me and I just smooth call. River 4♢ and he checks to me which confirms in my mind that I have the best hand. I bet $1.40 into $2.80. My bet figures to look like a cheap stab at the pot with a busted flush or straight draw and he deliberates for about 5 seconds and calls with 97. Really pleased with how I played that hand.

Decided to end the session on that high note and with a profit of $9 which puts my roll at $41 on the site, so got some money to play with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods