Maybe I can beat NL $50

Not too many interesting hands. I flopped the nuts, got it all-in vs. a shorty, standard. Also had KK, raised from the button, SB 3-bet, I 4-bet, he folded. Also standard. Somewhat fortunate but I thought I played well also.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $73.90
Hero (BB): $47.25
UTG: $55.70
MP: $52.05
CO: $15.25
BTN: $33.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q A (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB folds, Hero calls $1.00, UTG calls $1.00

I take the conservative route and just call here. Don't really want a big pot out of position.

Flop: ($4.75) 9 2 6 (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Alright, the button missed. Could have 99 here, but he almost certainly missed.

Turn: ($4.75) 9 2 6 6 (3 Players)
Hero bets $3.00, UTG calls $3.00, BTN folds

I take a stab here. UTG calls instantly. That usually doesn't mean he's very strong. He could have a weak pair here (like 55, or top pair such as 97) or just a draw,
s or 87.. He's kind of a station though so I don't really think I can double barrel.

River: ($10.75) 9 2 6 6 Q (2 Players)
Hero bets $7.00, UTG folds

I hit the Q and I am going to value bet it. Unfortunately, he folded. He probably missed a draw. There is some good in him folding though because I don't have to show down the hand. If you can make decent reads though, you don't need to be playing so aggressively preflop and putting a lot of money at risk out of position. Face it, if I pumped it up to $5 and got two calls, I'd have to give up. I can't realistically bet that flop and take it down.

Pot Size: $17.75 ($0.50 Rake)

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $51.50
BB: $110.80
UTG: $92.05
Hero (MP): $71.00
CO: $100.85
BTN: $20.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7 8 (6 Players)
UTG folds, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.00, BB folds, Hero calls $1.50

I limped here because the blinds were 3-betting me a lot and I wanted to see a flop. Having a suited connector in a reraised pot is terrible. A lot of the time you're going to be drawing and the majority of the money needs to go in on the turn & river betting rounds after you hit, not on the preflop and flop betting rounds while you're still drawing. I can of course afford to call for $1.50 more with money behind.

Flop: ($4.50) 8 6 Q (2 Players)
SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Pair and a flush draw. A lot of people would raise here. I just flat call. I'd like to find out more about my opponent's hand before committing a significant amount of chips. Some people here are okay getting it in against AQ. That's okay, you're a small favorite (53%-47%) and there's some money in the pot already to more than compensate for it anyway, but I like waiting.

Turn: ($11.50) 8 6 Q K (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, SB folds

Now SB checks and it looks like he doesn't really like what's out there on the board. He could have AJ and have no pair, or he can have TT-99 and not like the Q and now the K hitting (more likely I would have a Q though, realistically I can't have a K given my action, unless it's KQ). There's also a chance he has KK and is trying to trap, or AA/AQ and wants to slow down. Of course, I think SB would have a much wider range of hands he would raise with, but I'm giving you the better hands he would have to make it easier.

Anyway, I should bet here. I think it's most likely that he doesn't have anything, and if he does have a one pair hand (AA/AQ), he will probably just call, and I won't have to put in any more money to see the river. Also, I give myself a chance to double barrel if the flush doesn't hit. If I take my free card here, I have almost 0% bluffing equity on the river. He will probably pick me off with the one pair hands and fold the hands that I beat anyway (like AJ).

So, he folded. My pair of 8s might have been the best hand there. But I think I get him off some better hands by betting that turn. Raising the flop would've gotten the job done too, but I couldn't possibly have known that.

Pot Size: $18.50 ($0.55 Rake)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods