I continue to run bad

I moved down to NL $25, didn't help. Got KK early on, with one limper I make it $1.25. Shorty goes all-in for $6. I call. Board is Axxxx and I lose to his A9. Got QQ, reraised preflop from the SB, then it comes AKx. Check/fold. So I decided to leave and ride out the rest of my bad streak at $.01/$.02 NL. I opened up 4-tables. I got 250 hands in, but didn't play ideally since the action was so fast (though I wasn't intentionally playing bad, just making poor bet sizes mostly). Didn't matter, I just wanted to blow some steam and hopefully end this rut here. Towards the end of my session this hand occurred. Here's the raw hand history:

PokerStars Game #10393716853: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2007/06/12 - 01:15:02 (ET)
Table 'Janus V' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: Michael1029 ($0.84 in chips)
Seat 3: JackStacks ($8.34 in chips)
Seat 4: redsoxfan545 ($2.53 in chips)
Seat 5: rsty841 ($0.98 in chips)
Seat 6: clmarks ($6.35 in chips)
redsoxfan545: posts small blind $0.01
rsty841: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to redsoxfan545 [Ad As]
clmarks: calls $0.02
Michael1029: folds
JackStacks: folds
redsoxfan545: raises $0.10 to $0.12
rsty841: folds
clmarks: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [Kd 4c Ac]
redsoxfan545: checks
clmarks: bets $0.02
redsoxfan545: calls $0.02
*** TURN *** [Kd 4c Ac] [3c]
redsoxfan545: checks
clmarks: bets $0.10
redsoxfan545: calls $0.10
*** RIVER *** [Kd 4c Ac 3c] [Qs]
redsoxfan545: checks
clmarks: bets $1.62
redsoxfan545 said, "nice flush"
redsoxfan545: folds
clmarks collected $0.50 from pot
clmarks: shows [6c Jc] (a flush, Ace high)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $0.50 | Rake $0
Board [Kd 4c Ac 3c Qs]
Seat 2: Michael1029 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: JackStacks (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: redsoxfan545 (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 5: rsty841 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: clmarks collected ($0.50)
redsoxfan545 said, ":)"

Okay, so my flop play can be critiqued. But I didn't want to blow the guy off the hand, so I checked. Then when he bet $.02 I decided to just call. That was a mistake since if he doesn't have anything he's not improving. A flush draw calls the c/r, 88 doesn't but only has two outs to improve anyway. The point is the only reason to slowplay would be to try and get him to bluff, just doesn't happen at this level. Might get them to take one measley shot on the flop but that's it. So fine, I played the flop bad (though he wasn't folding on the flop anyway, but I know, results oriented).

Once the turn comes I start to fear the flush. He bets $.10, much more than he did last time. Seems as though he likes his hand now, so I go ahead and just call, hoping for the board to pair on the river. It doesn't, he now makes a much bigger bet, and I fold without much thought while congratulating him on his good fortune. Thankfully, he shows me the hand and makes my night.

That pretty much shows how bad I've been running. I've played well, I've just been unlucky. I have only been stacked once, the other losses have come from a bunch of medium sized and small pots.

Actually finished the whole session up like $.30 or 2.8BB/100. Meh. Maybe this is where it turns around. Hopefully. Luckily I'm 30 FPPs away from clearing a $50 bonus, which is going to bail me out a little. It's free money I'm giving back though, I didn't deserve to win a cent in the Sunday Million, so I can't feel too bad about losing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods