Deck Hits Me in Face

Great session tonight. I ended up only playing a little over 100 hands total spread out over two tables, but man did I get some good cards.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

SB ($19.02)
BB ($76.41)
UTG ($32.90)
Hero ($32.97)
CO ($23.41)
Button ($32.13)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K.
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, CO calls $0.85, 1 fold, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold.

Flop: ($2.80) 6, J, 8 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.9, CO calls $1.90, SB folds.

Turn: ($6.60) T (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.60) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $6.6, Hero calls $6.60.

Final Pot: $19.80

Results:
Hero has Kd Kc (one pair, kings).
CO has Jc 9c (one pair, jacks).

Outcome: Hero wins $19.80.

So I end up inducing him to bet the pot on the end with J9. I actually put him on a busted flush draw and called. A lot of people don't bluff at $25NL but this guy's AF was over 3, so I figured he was capable. Plus, I played my kings rather weakly on the turn and river trying to keep the pot small out of position, so I figured he put me on AK or AQ. If he had a big hand he would probably bet smaller, hoping that I maybe had 99 and would look him up. Interestingly enough, I end up winning the biggest pot possible (with my style of play) with one pair when the hand gets to the river. The only other time I would win bigger with a hand such as this is when I either get it all-in preflop or in a reraised pot where I get it in on the flop.

Alright, enough of this. Next hand:

---
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

SB ($47.19)
BB ($25.23)
Hero ($29.90)
MP ($9.08)
Button ($33.16)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7, 7.
Hero raises to $0.85, MP calls $0.85, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.05) 9, 8, A (2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: ($2.05) 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.1, MP raises to $2.2, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($6.45) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $6.45, MP calls $6.03 (All-In).

Final Pot: $18.93

Results:
Hero has 7d 7h (straight, nine high).
MP has 6s 6c (three of a kind, sixes).

Outcome: Hero wins $18.92.

I think I played this hand about right. Raise PF with 77 is fine, (I'm UTG, or two off the button btw, as we're playing 5 handed at this point). Flop sucks, so I check. And then the turn gives me an OESD, so I throw out a little tester bet there and see if I can pick it up. I assumed he had nothing since he checked behind on the flop and any ace has to bet there. When he minraised the turn I figured he had at least two pair, or possibly a set, but I could get the rest of his money if I got there and he was giving me great pot odds anyway. So I called, got there, put him in, and took his money. If he shoves the turn I have to fold.

---
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

SB ($36.57)
Hero ($24.65)
UTG ($26.72)
MP ($40.98)
CO ($38.07)
Button ($25.71)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 6.
MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 8, T, 7 (5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $1.25, MP calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $7.50, MP calls $6.25, CO folds.

Turn: ($18.75) A (2 players)
Hero bets $16.9 (All-In), MP folds.

Final Pot: $18.75

BB special here. I flop the joint and check it. UTG bets and gets two calls. I of course waste no time and hit the bet pot button. Don't mind getting just one call there at all. I figure this guy for a flush draw, if he was slowplaying a set he might just try to get it in with me now. Once the turn comes I have no choice but to push, and he folds. He can't call there with a flush draw, so I'm happy to take it there.

There were some other medium sized pots but those were my biggest 3 wins of the night. I'm up $135 over 2850 hands (9.5 BB/100), not bad. Really haven't suffered any bad beats yet. Sure, I've had hands where I had top pair and a flush came in, but I usually don't lose too much in those spots, and in many cases don't even pay it off because the player has such a low AF. I guess for me running bad means getting a string of unplayable hands, missing flops, continuation bets not working, etc, which has happened.

The one thing I regret though is not being able to play more. I wanted to get 1000 hands in a week and I haven't even come close to that. I just have too many other things going on to play. Also, I can only really play 2-tables at a time on UB. I think I'm going to play at Stars after I clear this bonus. I can 4-table there and the players are plentiful, so there's less chances of games breaking up and such. By the way, I've cleared $30 of a $250 bonus. Ugh. You basically get a little over a penny a hand, so I'm going to need to log around 25,000 hands before it's cleared. Bah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods