Deck Still Hitting Me In Face

Yep, logged in about 180 hands tonight and won two big pots that gave me a huge profit.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Hero ($27.41)
SB ($52.67)
BB ($29.02)
UTG ($22)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 4.
UTG raises to $1, Hero calls $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) 5, 3, 4 (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($10) 7 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10) 5 (2 players)
SB bets $10, Hero raises to $23.41 (all-in), SB calls $13.41.

Final Pot: $56.82

Results:
Hero has 5s 4d (full house, fives full of fours).
SB has Ah 8h (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $56.82

I get rewarded for my good play again. Just like the other night when I checked behind an 8-high flop with AK because I put the other guy on a likely TT or JJ, I put this guy on a flush and took my free shot at boating it up on the river. Well, it wasn't like I could narrow his hand down to only a flush, but taking the free card is a good play there anyway. If he called with something like 88, I can get some more value from him on the river by underrepreseting my hand on the turn. When he bet pot on the river I figured him for the flush and just moved in. He couldn't get away from it of course and I won a lot of mobney.

The other big win I had came in my final hand. Because of the stupid hand history crap on UB, I exited after the hand and thus couldn't import it into poker tracker. I'm waiting for them to send it to me, but for now I'm going to have to remember the action as best as I can.

I have about $19 here, villain has me covered and is running about 27/14. I have raised my last couple of hands and won without a showdown (I had been getting good cards). I probably should've rebought here but wasn't feeling up to it and figured I'd just play smaller pots.

Anyway, I'm UTG this hand and I'm dealt AJ. It's too good to fold, but I think I'm at the point where I might get played back at, and I don't want to play a big pot with it either. So I decide to limp in. It's folded to villain on the button, and he raises to $1.10. Blinds fold, and I decide to call and see a flop. I'm out of position, but I'm going to see what happens.

Pot is $2.50 and the flop comes 5 3 7, giving me the nut flush. I check it, he bets the pot, and I take about 10 seconds and smooth call. I'm trying to look weak here or like I have the A and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to call or not.

$7.50 in the pot now and the turn comes 9. I check again. The reason I checked is because I believe this guy has a pretty strong hand. He bet pot into a monotone board. That seems to me like he's trying to protect an overpair. I suppose he could have something like KQx. but no need to blow him off that hand either. I suppose I could've weak led, but he's probably likely to bet again if he thinks I have a weak pair or just the A.

Anyway, with the board 5 3 7 9, he bets $6.50. Now I know he's committed, so I move in for my final $9 or so, and he calls. River is the T, and my hand is good. He mucked, and I don't have the hand history at the moment, so I didn't get to see what he had. But something like KK or QQ, likely with one is my best guess. I'll edit this post with the result if I ever hear back from UB. Really need that hand though so I can import it to PT so I can see my correct winrate, as this hand would have an when they effect on it.

Alright, gotta head to bed, later.

Edit: Just got the e-mail from UB. It's in excel format, gonna be fun trying to type that out and importing it into PT. But he had T T and the final pot size was $39.31 FWIW. I hate his turn bet by the way (not from the standpoint of his opponent but as an astute student of the game). Too many people worry about "protecting their hand" when they should instead keep the pot small. I'll have much more to say on this subject another time, though I have alluded to it in my own hands, including the 54o hand from tonight.

Nighty night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods