Couple of Interesting Hands

The first hand I'm not involved in. It's folded to the button who types in the chat "Look at me, I'm a multitabling grinder" and folds (basically complaining about the lack of action on the table). Very next hand:

UTG+1 brings it in for $.85. The CO (button in previous hand) reraises to $1.45. SB shoves all-in for $29.42. UTG+1 and CO both call all-in. The board runs out with no card higher than a T and we go to showdown.

UTG+1 has AA
CO has KK
SB has QQ

CO was pissed off. A few hands later I pick up KT and raise to 1 UTG+1 and this player, now the BB calls. Flop comes J 6 7, so obviously I'm thinking jackpot. I'm planning on betting it when the BB open-folds and leaves the table. I win a lousy $2 pot. He clearly called with some small pair or something, completely whiffed, and said fuck it and left as soon as he saw the flop. Why couldn't he tilt off his money to me there? Bet pot on the flop, pot the turn, shove the river. Is it that hard?

Anyway, back to the interesting cooler hand. UTG+1 and CO played the hand okay, SB played horribly. Gets to him after a raise and a reraise. No way is shoving a good play there. You're only getting called by aces or kings (or aces AND kings). CO did reraise small, so he could've still put the 3rd raise in and gotten away from it. $5 would've been a good three-raise and would've went shove by UTG+1 and most certainly call all-in by CO. At that point facing a 4th raise (and probably a caller who obviously likes his hand), it's an easy fold. But it seems like SB had fear of flopping there, which is somewhat understandable being out of position, but he allowed his opponents to play perfectly against him. If CO made a pot size reraise ($2.80), flat calling with the queens could also be a reasonable play. It'll be tough to play the flop, but at least you give yourself a chance to re-evaluate before putting your whole stack in.

Another hand I pick up 87o on the button. UTG brings it in for $1, I call on the button, and both blinds call as well. I will usually call on the button with most offsuit connectors, suited connectors and suited one gappers, sometimes suited aces, and a lot of strong hands as well (like JJ, AK). I rarely reraise. Anyway, 4 of us take the flop (pot $4) which comes 883 with two diamonds. Blinds check and UTG bets $4. I decide to go ahead and raise right here. I put UTG on an overpair because I don't think he bets against 3 opponents with AK, AQ, KQ, and he also bet full pot which seems to indicate a stronger hand (as a c-bet would probably just try to take it down for as cheap as he can get away with, maybe $2.75 or $3). I didn't really have too many hands on the player, so I'm making assumptions here but he was a general tight player so I think those assumptions were accurate.

So I hit the raise pot button and make it $16. Blinds fold and now UTG moves-in for my last $24.31 and I insta-call. Turn comes Q and I have to hope he doesn't have QQ while the river comes a 2 knowing at least that card missed him. He turns up AA and my trip 8s are good. I'm guessing the guy (if he's a thinking player) put me on an overpair like 99, but there's no way I'd raise in that spot with that hand.

Another hand I have 54 on the button and call an $.85 UTG raise. BB also calls, and the flop comes Q high all s to give me a baby flush. BB checks, UTG bets pot ($2.65) and I immediately raise pot ($10.60) knowing I can't slowplay. BB folds, and UTG shows KQ and folds. Good fold by him, I didn't show but I told him in the chat that I had him buried. It was fine to take a smallish pot right there though, I can't let him draw if he has KQ or had AQ. In fact, a lot of players probably do call a raise with the redraw, so better off taking them to valuetown and hoping the turn & river brick than milking the hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods