Back in the Game

A little background:

I started seriously getting into hold'em in the Summer of 2005. I was basically playing play money 5/10 limit and freeroll tournaments until I came across this free money offer for $25 on Empire Poker. I took advantage of it and put it into a $.50/$1 limit game. I ran it up to well over $100, then started losing. I ended up cashing out $100 and just playing the daily freerolls to keep a few bucks on the site.

Then I saw another free offer on Party and took advantage of that. I kept with limit and won a little, turning $75 into $125 or so. Then I took a downswing and moved on to tournaments. I put $6 in the party steps SnGs and with a good run of cards wound up winning $300. I then moved on to no-limit cash games and started spreading my money to different sites as well. I won like a few hundred more and made a few cash outs, leaving myself with a couple hundred to play NL $25.

Long story short I went broke and lost the rest of my online stake. I was playing on FT and lost some pots to this maniac, and just ended up tilting the rest of my money off. I've taken off about a month, and I'm ready to get back. I really feel I have a strong understanding of NL and with some discipline I can make a good return playing it.

Earlier today I deposited $250 on UltimateBet to play $25 NL. That's only 10 buy-ins, but I'm going to take my shot anyway. Any stakes less than $.10/.25 and I'm afraid I don't take the game all that seriously and end up making poor decisions. The money has to be high enough that it's fun to play and win, but not so high that it's absolutely devastating if I lose a big pot or buy-in or whatever. In addition, I'm getting a 100% bonus plus 30% rakeback, so that'll help if I have a bad week, month whatever.

So I'm setting a few ground rules for myself:

- Stick to $25NL only. If I make some money, I can explore the possibility of moving up. For now, no moving up to chase a bad loss, and absolutely no donkaments (a few small stakes WSOP sats may be an exception).

-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO BLACKJACK. NOT EVEN MULTIPLAYER-KNOCKOUT BJ. FORGET IT.

-Play at least 10 hours a week, but not if I'm tired or am not at my best.

That's all I can think of for now. Off to play my first session on UB!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods