Part Deux

Long week, didn't get a chance to update but made it to heads up. Started with a 15k to 10k chip deficit and won a lot of small pots to take the chip lead. Then the following hand came up.

Had 9875 in the BB and checked after my opponent completed. At the 300/600-50 level at this point. Flop A64 and I check/called 600. Turn 3♠ to give me the straight and I decide to check/call his 2500 bet. This leaves him with about a pot-sized bet left and I expect the money to go in on the river, which is 7. Not the greatest card for me to look at but I check a 3rd time ready to snap call his all-in. He checks behind though and mucks A6xx. Probably a mistake there, not sure he calls a river shove by me but he might feel committed as opposed to getting a free showdown with his marginal hand. 

Had about a 3:1 chip lead at that point, went back and forth for a few orbits and he started open-shoving some hands. Had QQJ9 and took a stand, calling his ridiculous over bet. He had 8853and managed to spike a 5 on the flop and another on the turn while I got zero help. Blech. Back to even.

Managed to get the chip lead back then this hand came up. Had A643in the BB still at the 300/600-50 level. I check after he completes. Flop T54. Goes check-check. Turn 2and I lead for 650 hoping to pick it up. He calls. River 3 which actually completes a 6 high straight for me. I bet 1950 into 2600. He raises all-in. This was pretty much the tournament as I would only have ~2k left if I called and lost. Really had a hard time figuring out a hand that I could beat here. I put the bottom of his range as a 6-high straight which meant I was chopping at best. I really thought he shows up here with 76xx a lot of the time and I ultimately decided to fold even though I hated it.

He manages to work his way to a 2:1 chip advantage on me and blinds go up to 400/800-75. In the BB again and check 8642♣. Despite this hand being absolute trash, I manage to flop a straight with 543. I check it, he bets pot (1750), and I call. Turn 8♠, I check again he puts me all-in and I call. He had the exact same straight but the river is the 8 and I manage to river a full house and now find myself with a sizeable chip advantage.

Start liberally opening each time I have the button and get my lea up to 3:1. Had KJ73♠ and made a raise to 2400 and he shoved for his final 5579 behind. I thought I was probably getting enough odds to call this heads up and I did. Ended up losing to his AAxx after I got zero help from the board. Back to even again, ugh.

Ended up getting slightly ahead and then got dealt QT42. Completed and he checked. Flop KTT. He checks, I bet full pot, he calls. Turn A. He checks, I check behind. River J. He bets pot, yuck. My hand is a bluff catcher and doubt this is ever a bluff. So I have to fold again. 

Ended up getting it all-in preflop two hands later with AKJJ against his QQ42and of course he managed to spike a Q on the river to end it. Frustrating end to a long heads up battle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods