High Stakes Poker

Well high stakes relative to my bankroll anyway. Jumped into a $.25/$.50 PLO cash game with some wild action after I missed out on the tournament due to it getting to heads-up before I can register (they close late registration once that happens). Here's how it went.

Second hand in after folding BB in the first hand get dealt  AK♣K2 in the SB. Folded to me and I just complete. I figure aggro BB is going to raise and he does not disappoint, making it $1.50. I figured to have the best hand and could have come back over the top, but he's never folding in LOLMaha so I elected to just call and take a flop for only $1 more OOP.

Flop comes KQ5and he fires pot, $3. I immediately make it $12 and he tanks. I figure he could have a good draw here (or maybe multiple draws). He comes back over the top of me (I had only $6 behind at that point so no real reason for him to just call, he's committed) and I of course snap. He shows QQ62, woohoo set over set and no redraws for him. He fails to catch a queen on the turn or river and I am off to a great start.

An orbit later I get into another hand with him. Have AKQ5and he makes it $1.75 first to act (another player had joined the table to my left, there was an empty set between me and him prior which is why he was BB when I was SB the orbit before). I call from the SB and the BB comes along as well. Flop Q75♠ to give me top & bottom, the hand of which I am most squeamish in this game. I check, BB checks, he fires a weak-ass $1.82 into a pot of $5.25. I decide to just call, BB folds. Turn J and it goes check-check. River 3and I take my time before checking a 3rd time. I pretty much knew he was going to fire and was ready to call up to a 1/2 pot bet but he fires for full pot. I know he could be bluffing here, but 64xx got there, could easily have Qs up at this point, or even a backdoor flush. I decide I'm beat here most of the time and fold, he collects the pot without showing. Not sure if I could have played that better or if that's just an example of how shitty it is to be out of position in this game. Hard to check-raise the flop there because if I get called I'm now just about pot committed with a lousy two pair.

After that pot that particular villain was sitting with almost $100 and ended up losing it in two hands. First had he had AKKx and lost to another player who decided to be a preflop dingbat with QT99 and got unlucky when the guy made a straight, then tilted off the rest of his money going all-in preflop with KT42 (keep in mind this is pot limit so had to make multiple raises in order to get the money in).

We were 4 handed at that point, I had a hand come up in the BB: 6654 and it was folded to the SB (the preflop dingbat from before) who opened for $1.50. Easy defend I think here heads-up with position so I call. Flop T72, he checks, I decide to check back. Turn 2♣, now he fires $2.25 into $3. Seriously consider floating this, 6s might be best but I'm looking at bluffing opportunities on the river. A lot could come in that I could represent here. I think he's stabbing a lot of times but he also could have a draw or maybe he got lucky and has a 2 in his hand. I decide to fold.

Figure I'm probably getting outplayed at this point so I play one more orbit and leave with my $10.43 profit and 125 GPPs. That now puts me at $76 on the site, not bad. Considering cashing out if I get up to $100 but I'm not going to be playing too many of these cash games to try and get there. That's if the site will even let me, I initially got free money and was chasing a bonus that is long gone but still not sure if I have earned enough GPPs or if they're even tracking that at this point. I am now available to play the Sunday night freerolls (actually would have played last week as well if I wasn't so tired after flying back from Vegas the night before and working all day Sunday).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods