2 hands

Here's two hands I ended up posting on twoplustwo and that I believe are worthy of discussion, so here.

Didn't have much of a read on seat 6 but seats 2 and 7 have been pretty loose on 3rd. FWIW seat 2 completed on 3rd the last time he had an A up and first to act after the bring in, didn't go to showdown though.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 5___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3___calls
Hero: 4 6 2___brings-in___calls

An A completes and a 2 & 3 call, so most of the babies are dead, but because we are the bring-in we will at least see 4th with a 3 card 6.

4th Street - (5.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A J___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2 7___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3 6___checks___calls
Hero: 4 6 2 A___bets

Great card for us. Seats 6 & 7 catch good too, but after it's checked to me I bet. I think this is the correct play because I have the best low draw at this point and if I can get seat 2 to fold I could have the best hand with A-high as well. All 3 of them call, but that's ok.

5th Street - (4.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A J 2___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2 7 6___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 3 6 Q___calls
Hero: 4 6 2 A 8___calls

I make an 8 and now Seat 6 bets into me. I'm obviously concerned about a 7, so I just call. If I thought seat 2 would call for 1 bet but fold for 2, I would have raised, but I didn't think raising would affect his decision. Also if I had seat 7 behind me I would have raised as well and forced him to call two cold.

6th Street - (7.80 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 2 7 6 4___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3 6 Q K___bets
Hero: 4 6 2 A 8 T___checks___calls

No help on 6th and now seat 7 does the betting. I hate that he now bets into us, does he really have a king in the hole? I call closing the action but don't like it. Really want to hit one of the two remaining aces.

River - (10.80 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 2 7 6 4 xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 3 6 Q K xx___calls
Hero: 4 6 2 A 8 T 2___checks___calls

No help, now seat 6 bets and seat 7 calls. I have to be dead to rights here but what the hell can I do?

Total pot: (13.80 BB - $27.60)

seat 6 shows [Qs 5d 2s 7s 6d 4c 4s] a pair of Fours, for high and 7,6,5,4,2, for low
seat 7 shows [Qh 9s 3h 6s Qc Ks 3s] two pair, Queens and Threes, for high
hero mucks
seat 7 wins the high pot ($13.30) with two pair, Queens and Threes
seat 6 wins the low pot ($13.30) with 7,6,5,4,2

Split 3s and a Q, great starting hand sir.

But moving on....

Small sample size (maybe 25 hands), but button had been pretty active, raising a lot of pots preflop. BB was not as active, but did reraise me last time in a BvB and I figured he was probably aware of button's play and would reraise a lot of hands.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: $79.35
BTN: $52.35
Hero (SB): $50.35
BB: $53.55
UTG: $49.10

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with A A
2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, BB raises to $6.25, 1 fold, Hero reraises to $20.85, BB times out and folds.

Ok so it's only a preflop hand but I pickup AA in the small blind and I decided to trap. Although it hasn't been as bad in the games on FT as it has been on Stars and other sites, I think there's way too much aggression in online no limit. I was hoping the BB would take the bait and he did with a big reraise to $6.25.

In retrospect, I think I was incorrect to put in the 3rd raise, but I figured that he could not put me on AA in this spot because why the hell would I just call initially? I can't possibly be that imaginitive, I'm a typical boorish American online hold'em player. Also I did put him on a decent hand so I thought there was a chance he would go with it if he had like AQ or even 88, and he did time down before he released it.

Still, I think this was a good play for image purposes. Sometimes I'm going to be in there with 98s and the CO will raise, and I will want to call on the button and see a flop. I can't have someone in the blinds raising me off the hand. So I have to flat call with my strong hands as well sometimes. Especially when so many people are taking a formulaic approach to no limit. Throw them off their game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods