More O8

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $.25 BB (7 handed) Ultimate-Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

saw flop|saw showdown

Button ($23.19)
Hero ($18.40)
BB ($14.49)
UTG ($26.70)
MP1 ($19.62)
MP2 ($2.64)
CO ($11.61)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , , , .
1 fold, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

We need to hit high cards on the flop.

Flop: ($1) , ,
(4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks,
UTG bets $1, MP2 calls $1, Hero raises to $5, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP2 calls $1.39 (All-In).

And we do hit. I decide to go for the checkraise. Might seem like suicide, but people pot it with way too many hands at this damn level. And they refuse to fold to a pot sized raise. So I'm going to extract the maximum value from my 2nd set, which I believe is ahead most of the time here.

Turn: ($13.39)
(3 players, 1 all-in)
Hero checks,
UTG bets $13.39, Hero calls $13.15 (All-In).

Well that sucks, QT just got there. But I refuse to fold. I have no respect for this player. He's bet some pretty shitty hands, so he could easily just have a flush draw, aces up, nut lo draw, combo draw. My instincts told me to check, but I probably should have just shoved it in myself.

River: ($39.69)
(3 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $39.69

Results:
MP2 has 5h 7s Ah 7c (Low: 7, 5, 4, 3, A | High: flush, ace high).
Hero has Js 9s Ac Jc (High: three of a kind, jacks).
UTG has 6s 3d 3s 2d (Low: 6, 4, 3, 2, A | High: three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: MP2 wins $3.93. UTG wins $19.04. Hero wins $15.14.

Nice catch buddy. Ugh.
----

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $.25 BB (10 handed) Ultimate-Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

saw flop|saw showdown

BB ($10)
UTG ($21.10)
UTG+1 ($25.50)
UTG+2 ($4.30)
Hero ($25.56)
MP2 ($18.86)
MP3 ($24.77)
CO ($21.63)
Button ($25.68)
SB ($8.48)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with , , , .
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, Button calls $0.85, 1 fold, BB calls $0.60.

Best starting hand in O8, so of course I open for pot.

Flop: ($2.65) , ,
(3 players)
BB bets $2.65, Hero calls $2.65, Button folds.

I flop the nut low draw, and of course I get led into for pot. I call anyway and hope to get a free turn card. An ace on the turn would be absolute gin.

Turn: ($7.95)
(2 players)
BB bets $6.5 (All-In), Hero folds.

LSDKHTPKJGajkl;gshkl;HL:QWRHKL!!!!!! Strong lead again and I'm forced to fold. Hadn't seen this player lead with trash so I'm willing to give credit for 6x or better maybe even with a low draw.

Grinded my way to near-even despite those two beats, but can't scoop a big pot to save my life. Also, UB sucks. The bonus/ultimatepoint system is total bullshit. You get $1 for every 10 points, which takes more than an hour of 2-tabling to even accumulate. Also, it awards points in intervals of .05, which means it steals bonus money away from you in small, unnoticed amounts. If you finish a session with 3.35 points, you get awarded $.33. Lastly, you don't get awarded points for your last hand. Tonight I was UTG for my last hand. I folded up front, and a pot got played out that ended up exceeding $34. I stayed at the table and waited for my points to increase, but it never did. No wonder everyone on 2p2 and everywhere else berates the fucking piss out of it. Don't know how much longer until I say to hell with it and cash out. F UB!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods