This hand gave me a profit for the day

Here's an interesting hand that I initially thought I played really badly but after looking it over I think I might have played it ok.

Preflop
I have AT UTG.
I raise to $4, Villain calls right behind me, all else fold.

This particular villain has been in quite a few pots, and likes to bet a lot when checked to. He's bet in position and folded to two minraises recently.

Flop ($9.50) K78
I check, he bets $4, I raise to $16, he makes it $48, I stick it in for $71.15.

Good flop for me. Flush draw and an overcard. I decide to check to him based on my read. I get some value out of his nothing hands, and I might be able to fold out the weaker king hands (such as KT or lower if he called with that) or a hand like 99, which would probably call the flop.

Alright so I checkraise and he reraises me pretty quickly. I thought his range was pretty wide. Likely a king, perhaps smaller diamonds (8x also likely), a straight draw, or even a combo draw like T9 or 65. He could also have a AK, KQ, KJ. He could be stronger as well with two pair or a set. He might also have air or middle or bottom pair and have decided he's just not going to be pushed around any more with checkraises. I figured I had good equity against this range, so I moved it in even though I had almost zero fold equity. Still, I beat some of his drawing hands, and against a king I'm only like a 47%/53% dog.

So I moved in, he called, and turned over AA. Yikes. Turn was the 8 to take away one of my outs and eliminate my backdoor straight possibilities, double yikes. However, river was the sweet 6 of justice and I raked in a huge pot. Looked like I got my money in pretty bad but I PokerStoved it and it turned out I was only a 39%/61% dog on the flop and I was getting 1.8:1 on my move in (assuming zero fold equity).

So a few things. He had AA but I couldn't have known that, and even though he did have rawkets, I wasn't in bad shape anyway.

Comments

Burdamania said…
Completely standard. If he 3-bets preflop, this doesn't happen. LOL @ 6d of justice, don't see how a suckout is "justice".

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods