Update

Haven't updated in awhile, but I have been playing. I've been sticking with NL $100 and it really hasn't gone that well. Down about 1/2 a buyin over probably a thousand hands. Could be worse but it could also be a lot better. Some of it is bad luck, coolers, getting outdrawn, not getting paid off on big hands, but I need to improve in some areas.

First I need to raise more. I keep limping behind with hands, and I miss the flop more often than not. So I need to use my position and raise the suited connectors and small pairs when I'm on the button with limpers in front of me. Try to take it on the flop or at least build a bigger pot for when I do hit something.

Also I need to reraise a bit more. I'm not a big fan of coming over the top but it is better in some situations, especially in the blinds. Had a hand tonight where button raised to $4, SB called, and I reraised to $12 with AJ. Both players folded. Certainly better than throwing $3 more out there and check/folding folding most flops.

I need to bluff more as well. Those suited connector type hands aren't going to be profitable unless I have some steal equity. If I call a raise with them I have to follow through if it gets checked to me on the flop or turn. I haven't been doing that and have cost myself some pots.

So there you are. Most of the players on this site play pretty straightforwardly, no reason to not know where I'm at and fail to take advantage of some situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods