We're Back

Well, I'm back anyway. Deposited $200 on PokerNordica, set myself up with rakeback, and I'm going to give this a go again. I'm playing NL $25, and yada yada yada only 8 buyins, but I'll be okay playing my smallball style. Of course I'll be more bankroll conscious when moving up.

Played about 300 hands tonight (all 6-max), and here's some interesting hands from that session.

Third hand of the session I get A6 on the button. UTG limps, I raise to $1. BB calls, UTG calls. We all have about $25. Flop 729. Checked to me, I bet $1.90 into $3.10. BB calls, UTG folds. Blah. Turn T, check-check, River K, check-check. He shows 64 and I take it down. He must've thought he had a gutshot but WTF? I'll take it.

Little bit later I get JT in the SB. It's folded to me, and I decide to just complete. Doesn't appear this guy is going to fold his BB or to a c-bet (he only has $2.90 besides) so I figure why even bother raising. He checks, we go to the flop. 598. I take a stab for $.50, he of course calls. Turn is a T to give me top pair. I bet $1.10, should've just put him in but I don't. He calls. River 6. Should've just put him in but I don't. I check, he checks. I lose to 98. Again, WTF?

A few orbits later I get KJ on the button. One limper, I pump it up to one, blinds fold, he calls. We both have about $25. Flop comes gin, A35. I lead for $1.70 into $2.35. I figure I'm going to get the money out of him in the early rounds. Ace, decent club, ace+club, whatever hangs around. He calls. Turn is the 4. He checks, and now I decide to check behind. River is the A and now he leads for $1. I figure he likely has three aces. I make a small raise to $4. He calls and mucks QT. Don't know what he thought I had there, I guess 3 aces if he thinks that far (though I would've just called if I actually had just 3 aces).

Another hand I had JT in the BB. Villain from the first hand raises to $.75 in MP, CO calls, SB calls, so I call as well. $2.50 in the pot, and the flop comes 2A4. Another flopped flush. SB checks, I bet right out for $2. PF raiser folds but CO calls for $2. I figure he could have an ace or a high diamond (K,Q, even the friggin 9). SB folds, it's HU on the turn with $6.50 in there. It pairs the board, 4, but no matter, I bet $5. He calls again. Same range, they don't fold the damn turn. River is the T, I just shove (we both have about $25 left) hoping he likes his aces up, but he folds pretty quickly. Probably had the diamond.

A little bit later I get Q9 and it's another blind vs. blind with villain from hand one. I complete, he checks. He has $21 to start the hand, I have over double that. Flop 2T9. I bet $.50, he calls. Turn 9, I now bet $1.30 into $1.50. He calls again. River is absolute gin, Q to boat me up. I bet $4, he insta-shoves, I make the fist pump call, and he mucks J8.

Wasn't all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows though. While I was pwning at that table, I was struggling at the other table I was playing. Had 44 early in the session, raised to $1 UTG, button calls. Flop KA8 and I check/fold to a $1.50 bet. Lost a few other small pots, limping in, maybe calling a small raise, and then missing. Down to $21 and change, trying to keep my losses to a minimum.

Then I get 99 in MP. UTG calls, I raise to $1.25, shorty goes all-in for $3.65, the other one goes all-in for $3.40. Limper folds, I call for the pot odds of course. One guy has K8, other has AQ. Flop 9KK. Turn K. Blech. Finished ahead a buyin at both tables combined, and took a break.

Get back in there at another table and find some aggressive player. UTG (that's him) limps, I limp with KT, SB folds, BB checks. Flop 5JK. Checked to me, I bet $.50, BB folds, he calls. Turn J. Check-check. River 3. He bets $3.20 into $1.85. Nice. I let him have it, he doesn't show. Then I get K8 in the BB. UTG calls, he calls in the SB (with the guy to my right sitting out, so 5 handed). I check. Flop 265. Gets checked around. Turn 7. Villain bets $.75, I call, UTG folds. River 6, he bets $4.70 into $2.25. I missed so it's an easy decision, but here he goes again. So I go into a shell and look to trap.

A few orbits later I get KQ in the BB. UTG limps, villain in SB minraises to $.50, I call, UTG calls. I have $20, UTG has $24, he has $34. Flop J8T. It gets checked around. Turn 9. He checks again, but hoping for that big river bet, I check behind him. UTG bets $1 however, he folds, and I decide UTG might not have much so I just call. River 9, I check again figuring I could probably get him to bet & call a checkraise with a Q, maybe even a 9. He bets another $1, little less than I wanted but I raise to $4 and he calls. Mucks Q9. What do you know, Q and a 9. That guy left a bit after but I'm sure I'll see him again.

Few more interesting hands. Have AK UTG, raise to $.75. MP calls, as does SB. I have about $25, MP has about $19, SB has about $35 as we go to the flop in a $2.50 pot. It comes A89. SB checks, I bet $1.90 and MP minraises to $3.80. SB folds. Ugh, hate these spots. However, I remembered that he did it to me once before (I didn't have much and folded), so I just shoved for his final $15. He called in an instant and showed AJ. Great call, what do I have there, KK? Anyway my hand holds up and I win a nice pot.

Here's a hand where the same thing happened with another villain and I didn't know what to do. He was somewhat new to the table with $21 and none of his hands going to showdown, I cover. He limps in the CO, I raise to $1 with AQ. He calls. Flop A58. I bet $1.40 into $2, he minraises to $2.8. Sigh. I hadn't seen him really betting/raising a lot, so the alarm bells went off. I decided to just call and see if he'd fire again on the turn. It came the 9, I checked, now he made a decent size bet of $5 into $7.60. I folded. 67 just got there, I'm drawing dead to that or a set, and he sure is betting like he can beat one pair. So I fold. I felt better a little later however when I called his minraise with T9 out of the SB and he checked behind on a 368 flop heads up. If he ain't betting that he's probably not a bluffer and he's probably not valueraising on the flop with a weak ace. I bet $.90 on the turn and took it down.

Finished +$43 for the night over about 350 hands, not bad. Games are incredibly soft. I'm really hoping I can really move up this time instead of having to cash out my winnings. One day at a time though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods