Long Session

Played my first long session probably ever tonight (not counting tournaments). I'm really giving this thing a go this time, trying to move up in stakes. Sat in for 4 hours, playing 937 hands over 2 tables. I tried 3-tabling for a bit but I couldn't keep up with it, so I had to resort back to 2. Problem was when I had a key hand on one table I'd lose track of what was happening on the other tables and I'd get sat out. I can concentrate with two tables, but not 3. Anyway, had a rough go of it.

Early on I get KJ UTG (6-max). I bring it in for $.75. CO calls. All else fold. Villain has ~$23, I cover. Flop comes 463. Bingo bango bongo. I lead strong, $1.60. Villain calls. Turn J. I bet $2.90, Villain shoves for $18 more, I pump fist snap call. She turns over AJ. River 5. Great start.

Then on the other table I pick up KQ UTG. I raise to $.75. Villain with about $10.50 to start the hand calls. Flop Q82. I bet out $1.50 and villain moves all-in for $9.75 more. I have to call of course, and villain has AQ. It holds up.

Back on table 1 I pick up KK in the BB. UTG shorty with about $10 raises to $.75. I reraise to $2.50. He reraises to $5.50. I know he has AA, but what can I do. You're not supposed to fold it for 100BB, so how can you for 40. I shove, and of course he has AA. However, I hit a K on the flop and I at least get one of these pots.

After that I pretty much had to grind it out to try and work my way back. Got a lot of unbelievable hands. Got quads twice, but first time I could only win a medium sized pot by getting the guy to call turn and river bets with A high (board had double paired) and the other time I got no action at all.

Had AA and KK a few other times as well and got no action. Literally no action. Someone would limp, I would raise, and it would be folded around.

Then there were sets. I had 99 in the SB. CO raised to $1.25, button called, I called, BB called. Flop 984. I bet right out, leading for $4. BB folded, PF raiser just called, button folded. I put him on a flush draw, maybe something like JT, or an overpair. Turn was the 2, I made another strongish bet, $10, but he folds. Blah, wanted to play for stacks there. Had sets another couple of times, like when I had JJ, three people called my PF raise, and the flop came AJ4 and I bet out pot and got no callers.

That's another trend I'm seeing by the way. The games are somewhat loose passive, but there's a lot of folding to turn bets. Players will call a bet on the flop, but if there's a follow up bet on the turn, they're out of there. Didn't really get to take advantage of that, but my c-bets did get a lot of respect.

Late in the session got into some really bad situations where I missed flops and couldn't c-bet cause there were too many people in there, etc. One hand I raised AQ UTG and 4 people called. Missed the flop and had to check-fold. So I'm down to a half stack at the table, didn't bother to reload, and I get TT. UTG raises to $1, I call next to act, button and one of the blinds calls.
$5 in there, flop comes 862. Blind checks, UTG bets $2, I know he missed so I shove (taking my chances with the other two players, but they're loose enough that I shouldn't be too concerned). He calls, and turns over 55. Turn, 5 of course. River, blank. WTF. Why does this have to happen when I need these pots? I make a little of it back at the other table when I flop a set of Ts in a raised pot, and get it in against a half stack on a QTxQ board. He had Q3 for trips and I survived the river.

So my session ended -$20 which shouldn't be bad considering the shitty beats I took. Overall, I think I played well. I had the discipline to sit there for 4 hours and grind it out. I'm looking to get in about 20 hours a week. Gonna be tough with the World Series coming up, but I'll find time in the afternoon or whatever. There's plenty of people from other countries on there so I should find good games at any hour.

Finally, I just checked my email and I got offered this trade in fantasy football. My team started out 5-0 and I've lost the last two games. Here it is:

Tom Brady
Thomas Jones
Tatum Bell

for

Marion Barber III
Ben Roethlisberger
Willie Parker

I'm pretty damn tempted to do it. Brady is sick and I could use a strong QB. McNabb is my other quarterback and he's shit the bed in all but one game this year. Big Ben has been just okay. Thomas Jones and Tatum Bell are nothing special, and I do lose Barber, but I have Jerious Norwood and Laurence Maroney on my roster as well. Both hopefully will see more carries in the coming weeks. Thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods