Midwest Trip

In a few hours I'll be off to the airport to spend the last day of summer and first day of fall attending a few sporting events. Later today I'll be at Wrigley Field to see the Cubs take on the Butt Pirates, and then Saturday I'm in Ann Arbor to see Penn State take on Michigan. It'll be my first time at either venue, I'm looking forward to it. When I got the Cubs tickets back in July, there were a good amount of seats available. Today, not a seat to be had. It's the last home series of the season at Wrigley, fans should be into it. The Cubs haven't been in contention this late in the season since 2004, and they come into today 1.5 games ahead of the Brewers in the NL Central.

Then there's Michigan. They completely shit the bed against Oregon 2 weeks ago (as I predicted), but looked really strong against Notre Dame last week (which I didn't see coming). However, with Henne sidelined and Freshman QB Ryan Mallet at the helm, the Wolverines depended mainly on Mike Hart and the run, and that's just not going to work against the Penn State. If Mallet plays, they're going to have to let him throw it more. I'm sure Lloyd Carr is aware of this.

Still, given the dominant win last week (even over now lowly ND), I'm worried about this game. PSU's pass defense has holes in it, and the offense does as well (both passing and rushing). I think it's Penn State's game to win, but with it being the first game on the road in a tough environment, they could certainly make mistakes, such as false start penalties or turning the ball over, especially early. I'd like to see them come out and take control early on like Oregon did, instead of having a nailbiter in the 4th quarter.

Guess we'll see what happens but it should be a fun trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods