First ever bomb pot!!!

Fired up ACR to see if the few bucks I had on there was still in my account and my $2.72 balance was there waiting for me. Found a $.02/$.05 PLO8 game and decided to jump in for a quick sesh. Joined a full ring game that had 3 empty seats and noticed a few changes. First, the player names are hidden if you're not sitting in the game. Second, there's the option to run it twice (although that may have existed before, don't remember). Lastly, when I jumped in I got a message saying this table has bomb pots every 15 minutes. Everyone posts 3 big blinds, gets their 4 cards, and we go right to the flop. Good stuff.

I jump in the game and check "wait for BB" but the bomb pot hand takes place prior to my BB coming around and I am actually dealt into that hand. I go to the flop with this wonderful hand against 6 other players: 8J♠45♣.

Flop comes down 6A9, I'm actually first to act and check. Someone bet so I can release this hand immediately. Nope, checks around. Turn 5, checked around again. River: 5♠. Ok, trips against a bunch of random hands may be good for half here, no one has shown any strength. But in my shitty position I can only check. So I do and it checks around to the button who pots it. Ugh. I can't possibly call and one by one the rest of the players drop, so no idea what button had.

Really only one other hand of note after this.

Winning Poker, Omaha H/L Pot Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 9 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker - https://upswingpoker.com/replayer/2q1k2Nuc

UTG: $3.31  (66 bb)
UTG+1: $7.75  (155 bb)
MP: $5.37  (107 bb)
MP+1: $1.97  (39 bb)
LP: $5.00  (100 bb)
CO: $5.69  (114 bb)
BU: $1.31  (26 bb)
SB: $6.38  (128 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.40  (48 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.12) Hero is BB with A♠ 2♣ 4♣ A
UTG raises to $0.10, 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, MP+1 calls $0.10, LP calls $0.05, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.08, Hero 3-bets to $0.70, UTG calls $0.60, MP calls $0.60, 1 fold, LP calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.60) K A♣ J♣ (5 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.70  (all-in), 4 players fold

Total pot: $3.60 (Rake: $0.18)
BB (Hero) wins $3.42

Played it perfectly! So perfect in fact that I elected to show the hand to the table after I collected the pot. Obviously I gotta pump it up preflop even though no one ever folds to a reraise in this game ever. I'm probably committed on basically any flop but this one is a very good one and happy to stick it in. Ok with taking it down right there as well. 

Left the table shortly after that with $5.10 and just decided to get out of there at that point with my "entire bankroll" on the line. But really impressed with the changes ACR made and like having the bomb pots to spice it up, even as a nit. Or shall I say especially as a nit. I'm guaranteed to see a flop at least once every 15 minutes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Fantasy Football Spreadsheet