Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So almost a month since my last post. Way too busy with work and other stuff to really play. I did get to jump into a quick one last night, probably the most bizarre one of these that I've played on this site. Started out with just 2 people, then got up to 4, then one person got eliminated, another joined, and then there was a 3 way all-in. I'm watching at this point waiting for the end of the rebuy period to jump in, but once there was a 3 way all-in I registered just in case the big stack knocked out the other two players because it closes registration once it gets down to heads up (but not when it starts out with only two players).

So one person got eliminated on that hand and he wanted to rebuy but typed in the chat that the site wouldn't let him. So we were down to two players and me. One player had almost all of the chips, the other 3k, and me with 1500k. The other two players got in a couple of all-in confrontations with the shorter stack cracking AAxx the first hand (they were all-in preflop) and then the 3 of us got it all-in, I had QQJT but of course whiffed every street and the guy who was the shorter stack won that pot too and now had the big stack. He managed to eliminate the other played 1 hand later and the guy didn't rebuy so we were down to heads up. I was outchipped something like 13500 to 1500 and I just open-shoved QQxx and he of course called and flopped a diamond flush and GG me. Still managed to collect $1.50 for a $.45 profit and 2nd place finish when I didn't even win a pot the entire time. LOL.  

So we'll see what happens the rest of the summer. There's a bowling alley somewhat nearby that does Eastern Poker Tour donkaments every Wednesday night. Gotta buy the buffet for $23 to get a seat but I'm hoping to try it out before the summer ends. Right now I've been at the bowling alley a lot because bowling has actually taken over a lot of my free time. My original plan when my schedule changed was to bowl on Tuesday nights only, but I caught wind of a Monday night league that puts down challenge patterns and since there was an opening available and it's only $11 per week (basically glorified practice, no prize $ but it's definitely helping my game) so I jumped into that as well. With an early 5:15 AM wake up call that's two late nights for me, so I've been depending on Wednesdays to be able to get to sleep early. The leagues will end however in about 3 weeks so that's when I'll probably try to play it. Would really like to get more live experience and try to take shots in a bigger tourney (or a qualifier to a bigger tourney at least) at some point. Cash games really don't hold my interest much anymore and I feel that I am a better tournament player anyways (although maybe it's cause the cash game players suck less, who knows, much of a muchness really).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods