Some Cash

Played some cash last night, saw that there was a $.02/$.04 PLO game going so jumped in. Very different play than in the tournaments with most hands being raised preflop. Guy to my immediate right was raising preflop every single hand. He eventually went broke, but very frustrating not being able to see cheap flops. Pretty card dead for awhile as well which was equally frustrating.

Despite that was playing very patient and did have a bit of a profit from the few hands I got to play. Was in the BB with $2.36 behind (bought in for $2 originally) with JT83. Folded to the habitual raiser in the SB who of course opens for $.12. I defend. Flop K98. He bets $.24. I call with a pair, open ender, and a flush draw. Turn 7. He has $1.01 left and bets $.72. I call hoping that if he has nothing he'll bluff the rest of it off on the river, but probably can't call an all-in. River 4♣ and the remaining $.29 goes in. He had AK85 and quit the game after that.

We were 3 handed and a little bit later had 6654 in the BB. Button opened for $.14 and SB folded. I defended. This guy was pretty aggro too. Flop T♣7♣4. I check, he bets $.30 and I raise to $.90. I figure he's c-betting a lot here with a naked overpair and have a flush and straight draw. But he reraises pot ($3) and I get the rest of my money in ($.14 more on top). Spewy here? He ended up having KKJ8 to kill my flush outs and I ended up being about a 70:30 dog. The turn and river offered no help to me (7,T) and I am down a buyin.

Rebought for $2 and soon after the other player left the table and I'm heads up with the guy from the hand before. Getting fucking destroyed as he's habitually raising me and not giving me any respect on my raises and I find myself down to $1.25 after I post the BB when the following hand comes up.

Had AJQ8 and of course he opened for $.12 OTB and I called. Flop KT7♠ and check. He bets pot ($.24), I raise pot ($.96) and he calls, leaving me $.21 left which I stick in on a 3♣ turn while I bemoan my bad luck. He of course calls and T♠ on the river gives me the hand against his AKQ7.  Good. 63:27 favorite when most of the money went in on the flop. 

After that I slowly lost more money as I was blown off hands, none of my bets/raises seemed to work, and even flopped a flush one hand and tried checking three times and he wouldn't put any money in the pot. Tried also floating a few times and no success. Not sure if he was just running hot or what the deal was but very frustrating. Down to $1.44 left when the following hand came up. 

Had AA95 OTB and just limped. He of course made it $.12 and I made it $.36. He calls. Flop JT6 fucking awesome. He checks, I bet $.72 and he calls almost instantly. Brilliant. Turn Q and he checks again. Gotta put my final $.36 and he calls and shows two pair with AQT4. How could he call with that? I reraised to let him know what I had. River brings the 6 to give me aces up and I win another hand on the river against this guy.

Another button hand shortly after I get KQ43 and limp/call a raise to $.12. Flop 965 and he bets pot into me. Got an open-ended straight draw (albeit a shitty one) and two backdoor flush draws and two overcards that might be live so I take one off. Turn K to give me top pair. He checks to me. I check behind rather than risk getting check-raised and we see a 5 on the river. He checks again, not getting paid off by worse so I check it down and beat his JTT6. That win got me to $3.13 which meant a total loss of less than a half of a buyin so called it quits for the night right there.

So need to really go back and figure out how to beat these types of players. Still doing well in the tournaments, had a 2nd place this week in the $.50 NLO but rebought and then added-on so only a $.75 profit. Only time I got to play it this week but about to late-register for it now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods